• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AJC's Best Radio Personality

The AJC has announced the winners in its Best of Atlanta poll, which includes radio personalities.

A couple of things:

1) The winners do not necessarily parallel the ratings.
2) No strictly music show personality made the list.

Jeff Dauler of Star 94-1 was voted #1 followed by Ryan Cameron from V-103 and then Jason Pullman & Kristin Gates of 94-9 The Bull. Runners-up include Scott Slade, Lois Reitzes, Shannon Burke, Bert Weiss, Kim Peterson, Brandi Britain, Ricky Smiley, Eric Von Haessler, Mark Arum and Art & Roy.

I'm going to have the considerable nerve to add some people I feel are also among Atlanta's best radio talent:

WABE - Dennis O'Hayer
92-9 The Game - John Fricke, Hugh Douglas, Rick Kamla, Carl Dukes
Star 94-1 - Jenn Hobby, Heather Branch, Marino
94-9 The Bull - Otis (The O Show), Angie Ward
97-1 The River - Steve Craig, Kaedy Kiely
B98.5 - Madison James
Q100 - Adam Bomb
Kicks 101-5 - Dallas McCade, Scott Gaines
V-103 - Ramona Debreaux
104.7 The Fish - Kevin Avery, Taylor Scott, Parks Stamper
NewsRadio 106-7 - Rob Stadler, Jim Gossett
Majic 107-5/97-5 - Maria Moore, SiMan

The above are based strictly on my opinion. Feel free to disagree.

Brandi Britain is going to have a good, long career in radio. She is a pro. Cumulus better treat her right or she's going to pull a Sebas.

Side note: Every time I hear her name, I'm reminded of Ross Brittain of the Ross & Wilson show on Z-93 back during its most successful CHR era in the late 1970s and early 80s. Before that he was with WIIN 970 and got his start at WREK as a Georgia Tech student. He got his radio name from Tech's Brittain dining hall.

Ross and Wilson did NOT, repeat, did NOT dedicate "Another One Bites The Dust" to Atlanta's missing and murdered children during Wayne Williams's murder spree and get fired from WZGC. They had a new gig in NYC, and that's why they left Z-93 (on good terms) and were replaced by an unknown named Steve McCoy.

Now how is the Kimmer going to complain about Cox?

Ross and Wilson did NOT, repeat, did NOT dedicate "Another One Bites The Dust" to Atlanta's missing and murdered children during Wayne Williams's murder spree and get fired from WZGC. They had a new gig in NYC, and that's why they left Z-93 (on good terms) and were replaced by an unknown named Steve McCoy.

Now how is the Kimmer going to complain about Cox?

Only people of a certain age know that story. :)

I remember when the song below came out and Ross & Wilson had soooo much fun with it.

https://youtu.be/bTDzFUlrDYM

Again, of a certain age.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom