• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

A few more questions on the sound.

34james

Frequent Participant
Just wanted to know what will happen to the soundboard and all the equipment? Will they sell it or give it to another radio station?
Also do they tear out everything at the station and just turn it into another office space once everything is done and over with?

Big A or David E you guys should be able to answer this one.

Last edited:
Just wanted to know what will happen to the soundboard and all the equipment? Will they sell it or give it to another radio station?
Also do they tear out everything at the station and just turn it into another office space once everything is done and over with?

Why worry about something as trivial as where will the equipment go? This is something you could have asked in your other thread, don't you think?

That's one of them bean counter questions. The accountants look at the value of the stuff, and decide if it's worth transferring to other area facilities or trashing. I've never been there, so I don't know the age of the gear. That's the key question. After so many years, the equipment has been amortized and they just trash it. Today, equipment becomes obsolete pretty quickly. I don't know exactly what EMF bought. If they pick up the lease on the office, the transmitter, or anything else. That's all spelled out in the contract.

Disposition of existing office leases is something handled in the sale contract. It was very common in the peak consolidation years to see the seller responsible for terminating the lease so the new owner could move the station to a cluster location. But it did not always work that way, as some stock sales came with all the encumbrances of the ongoing operation and the new owner had to settle with landlords, suppliers and such.

So the answer is "we don't know". The sale contract is on file, and I suppose one could go through it.

If the offices and studios are not used by EMF, then the lease will be ended; some contracts require that the space be restored to "as was" state, so they might do demolition to leave open space ready to build out.

The equipment is such a minor point in a $50 million deal as to not matter.

I saw on Daily Domains that Univision plans to rebrand 5 of its stations as “Amor”. Is it possible that 107.5 K-Love will rebrand as “Amor” on the heels of EMF’s purchase of KSWD?
https://radioinsight.com/headlines/120447/daily-domains-1018-univision-giving-five-markets-amor/

They almost certainly will. If you go back through the thread where I was trying to explain that it was not "impossible" for EMF to put K-Love on the air in Los Angeles, you'll see that I brought up the issue of a Spanish-language station using an English-language identifier. It makes sense for K-Love (the one en Espanol) to become K-Amor.

They almost certainly will. If you go back through the thread where I was trying to explain that it was not "impossible" for EMF to put K-Love on the air in Los Angeles, you'll see that I brought up the issue of a Spanish-language station using an English-language identifier. It makes sense for K-Love (the one en Espanol) to become K-Amor.

That is insane and an absolute crazy statement (sorry). KLVE has been part of the L.A. market for 42 years. They are NOT changing it because EMF bought KSWD. KLVE is the the #1 or #2 Spanish language biller in L.A. and one of the biggest in the country. The Amor change is reflective of their Adult Hits network which has been called "Recuerdo" and "Mas Variedad"

I saw on Daily Domains that Univision plans to rebrand 5 of its stations as “Amor”. Is it possible that 107.5 K-Love will rebrand as “Amor” on the heels of EMF’s purchase of KSWD?
[/url]

When pigs fly.

K-Love used to position as "K-love, Radio Amor". We booted the "Amor" name over a decade as the station went from a soft AC to a rhythmic Hot AC. Think J Balvin, Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee and Pitbull, not love songs.

K-Love used to position as "K-love, Radio Amor". We booted the "Amor" name over a decade as the station went from a soft AC to a rhythmic Hot AC. Think J Balvin, Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee and Pitbull, not love songs.

Exactly... EMF is lucky Univision is even ALLOWING them to use it.

For what it's worth, when I was in France 5 years ago, the big CHR station was "Kiss-FM." 'Kiss' in French is 'bisou,' IIRC but it was "Kiss" in English. And I'm sure the station didn't have call letters starting with 'K.' So either that brand has come cache in France, or somebody in branding there has a sense of humor.

Disposition of existing office leases is something handled in the sale contract. It was very common in the peak consolidation years to see the seller responsible for terminating the lease so the new owner could move the station to a cluster location. But it did not always work that way, as some stock sales came with all the encumbrances of the ongoing operation and the new owner had to settle with landlords, suppliers and such.

So the answer is "we don't know". The sale contract is on file, and I suppose one could go through it.

If the offices and studios are not used by EMF, then the lease will be ended; some contracts require that the space be restored to "as was" state, so they might do demolition to leave open space ready to build out.

The equipment is such a minor point in a $50 million deal as to not matter.

Having worked directly for EMF at one time, it's not uncommon for them to aquire, store and even resell (and donate) equipment.

For what it's worth, when I was in France 5 years ago, the big CHR station was "Kiss-FM." 'Kiss' in French is 'bisou,' IIRC but it was "Kiss" in English. And I'm sure the station didn't have call letters starting with 'K.' So either that brand has come cache in France, or somebody in branding there has a sense of humor.

There even is / was (unpredictable government) a Kiss in Caracas, Venezuela.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom