• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AM Frequency of the Week: 950

In Saint Bernard, OH in the daytime. It is nothing actually. I know there is a powerful radio station signal from Indianapolis WXLW. But I've never heard it in My location at all.

Probably won't ever hear WXLW 950 in Cincy with its downgrade a few years back to non-directional, very low power class D operation, instead of the southerly directional pattern it had for decades.

In Northwest Arkansas -

Daytime - KFSA, Fort Smith, AR (Country)

By Evening - A mix of stations - KWOS, Jefferson City, MO (News/Talk) may mix with KFSA for a time.

Nighttime - A mix - Sometimes KPRC, Houston, TX - (Talk) is heard through the mix. Other times, two other stations may also be heard -- a station with Mexican music, and Radio Reloj Cuba.

Last edited:
Good catch with KPRC ... none of those Houston stations send much signal inland. Most of them directional both day and night.

Bay Area, CA: 950 used to be impossible due to KNEW-960's insistence that their Bloomberg biz news format be in HD. Since KNEW turned off the buzz saw, KAHI/Auburn CA and XEKAM from Baja rule the channel nights.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom