• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Christmas Music

WSRS finally flipped today at 9am.

I was scanning the dial in my truck around 9:40 this morning and landed on WSRS. Can't recall which song was playing but I was hoping it was just an one-off, that maybe they were preparing people for the eventual flip. But, then, Feliz Navidad came on and I immediately changed the station. Goodbye to WSRS until December 26th.

Goodbye to WSRS until December 26th.

WHy do males who are not in the demo feel the need to tell people "I AM NOT LISTENING AGAIN UNTIL IT"S OVER"!

1.) You KNOW why station flip to Christmas Music.

2.) You are a male and not in the demo...and know one cares what you think.

3.) You are a radio geek.....and not a typical listener. (and no one cares what you think.)

If you are on this board, I would think you would be a pro to understand that stations are not programmed for your personal liking, but to reach a specific target, and keep them listening (and charge confiscatory rates for their spots.)

>>.) You KNOW why station flip to Christmas Music.

"Young man this radio station is a business.It is not here for your personal listening pleasure"--Arthur Carlson's mother, owner of WKRP in the first episode of WKRP in Cincinnati. (She goes to the studios after new program director Andy Travis changes the format from elevator music to rock.Andy explains, "Ma'am I know it's a business.That's why I had to change the format.") Both are right, it's a business even if we personally don't like a new format.

Add WHOM to the list—they switched sometime before or on early Monday evening (noted just before 8pm).
So far no sign of WZID, W̶S̶R̶S̶ or W̶W̶L̶I̶ making the move.
Add WWLI to the Holiday Cheer (happend either at start or end of morning drive).

MJX started with Holly Jolly xmas with Burl Ives. It's going to be a long haul of Jacksons, George Michael, Lauper...all the good stuff!

@bostonradio said no freq swap rule applies to divested stations but 93.7/104.1 swap would be ok.Ent. already did such a swap in SD, sez Wolfe

Then again Jason Wolfe tweet wondered if WBMX cal letter move could be sign of Mix (stick on Pru) moving to 93.7 (stick in Peabody)..
Might a format swap be possible? Mix 93.7 with some new calls, EEI to 104.1?

Jason Wolfe:perhaps the first step towards moving EEI to 104.1 and MIX to 93.7 with new call letters https://twitter.com/jasonlwolfe/status/931881416882819072

Now that would be an interesting scenario. Now that Magic and Mix are no longer competitors, there would no longer be a need for Mix's signal to infiltrate Downtown Buildings, and most office radios that I hear are tuned to Magic anyway.

Both WROR and WXLO have started mixing in the occasional Christmas song. This morning, on the car radio, around 1040ish, heard Bruce Springsteen's "Santa Claus is Coming To Town". Just a few minutes ago, on the home radio, heard Sleigh Ride on WXLO.

Worcester's 100FM The Pike also throwing in the occasional Christmas tune. Made a quick check of Pike/WXLO sister station NashIcon98.9 (WORC-FM) and they are also dropping in Christmas tunes.

Both WROR and WXLO have started mixing in the occasional Christmas song. This morning, on the car radio, around 1040ish, heard Bruce Springsteen's "Santa Claus is Coming To Town". Just a few minutes ago, on the home radio, heard Sleigh Ride on WXLO.

And so have their main competitors, WBOQ and WBMX (although WBOQ is only clear North of Boston and WXLO is pretty staticky on the South Shore and adjacent areas). Have WXLO's boosters signed on yet? I see that they have been granted by the FCC. If so, congratulations WBMX. You now have a real competitor in the city. WXLO will get a ratings boost as well, most likely. They have all been "sprinkling in" since Black Friday by the way.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom