• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

How long has WNCI been branding their forecasts?

Lately, I've noticed they've been branding their forecasts as "From the (Atlas Butler Heating and Cooling, Once Upon a Child, Nationwide Insurance, etc.) Forecast Center" before a meteorologist from WCMH-TV (NBC 4) provides a weather update. How long has this been done?

Sidenote: How long has NBC 4 had a partnership with WNCI? I know they have the TV deal for the Red, White & Boom fireworks, and from time to time WNCI simulcasts NBC's breaking news (Ohio State attack, Kirkersville shooting, etc.) and severe weather coverage... but how long has this arrangement been in place?

I remember Jym Ganahl giving forecasts on WNCI back in the late 1980s, so if it's been a continuous partnership since then, we're talking at least 30 years.

I remember Jym Ganahl giving forecasts on WNCI back in the late 1980s, so if it's been a continuous partnership since then, we're talking at least 30 years.

Has to be at least that long because I was a kid back then and remember NBC4 meteorologists Ben Gelber and Jym Ganahl giving the forecasts. The Morning Zoo even had a parody song in the 90s about Ben.

I am not surprised that the forecasts don't have a sponsor tag to them... iHeart is all about maximizing advertising opportunities.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom