• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Radio hosts making fools of themselves over My Pillow commercials

Listeners keep buying, and the company keeps advertising. And you keep complaining.

That appears to be the normal life cycle here... an immutable law of nature.

It's called advertising. Deal with it. It keeps the shows on the air. Without advertising, you'd be paying for EVERYTHING you hear -- AM or FM.

It fits in well with the false news these talk stations perpetuate every day.

The story you cite has nothing to do with Buy One Get One Free. They no longer claim any medical benefit.

Um, they no longer claim medical benefits because they were FORCED to stop doing so! You’re unable to grasp this?

You’re unable to grasp this?

In all of the threads you've started on this subject, in all of the posts you've made, your only objections have been about Buy One Get One Free or an exclusive offer. Neither of those aspects are illegal, and they've not been forced to stop making those claims. There was a time when Coca Cola made medical claims too. Should we stop advertising Coke?

Last edited:
What? Another stupid thread about this Lee, You must not have a life or can't figure out how to change the station your listening too. Maybe you should listen to WBAI. I mean, how many years have we heard they are failing, going bankrupt, we lost our lease, all carpets must go.

Turn off all the radios in your dwelling, get out of the city and enjoy the colors of fall. I'll extend this special offer to you. Take a breath, the second breath is FREE! Look inward, all of us can make ourselves better. Your just generating and hanging onto negative thoughts, not good.

Maybe move on to twitter for this topic it's getting no where here.

OK, so they got caught pushing the envelope. How they advertise now is still legal, though. And it keeps stations on the air, including programs you apparently listen to.

I myself don't like hearing wall-to-wall informercials every weekend evening or early morning on some talk stations. But I tolerate it or turn the channel. Stations have to run such things to pay the bills.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom