• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Lionel disses NY Radio Message Board

Funny: On Mark Simone’s show this morning, Lionel described the NY Radio Message Board (run by an autocratic frustrated dentist cluelessly pretending to be a radio consultant) as a bunch of drunks sitting around posting about radio

Last edited:
Funny: On Mark Simone’s show this morning, Lionel described the NY Radio Message Board (run by an autocratic frustrated dentist cluelessly pretending to be a radio consultant) as a bunch of drunks sitting around posting about radio

Somewhat predictably, Lionel is wrong on just about everything.

Yes, that board is un by a Dentist. But the chap is quite open in being a radio fan, and often makes more cogent points than many of the louder voices do. He has a good understanding of radio, and while he has opinions, so do I. No harm in that.

And the participants are, more often than not, folks from the past or present operations of most of New York's radio stations.

Lionel is more sound than substance at times.

Somewhat predictably, Lionel is wrong on just about everything.

Yes, that board is un by a Dentist. But the chap is quite open in being a radio fan, and often makes more cogent points than many of the louder voices do. He has a good understanding of radio, and while he has opinions, so do I. No harm in that.

And the participants are, more often than not, folks from the past or present operations of most of New York's radio stations.

Lionel is more sound than substance at times.

Guy running the NY Radio Message Board is a pathetic, insecure little dweeb.

He insisted NY wouldnt get country back

Then NASH comes on - haha

Now everytime i mention that he deletes my post

What a dweeb.

Now everytime i mention that he deletes my post

What a dweeb.

Sid Rosenberg got into it with the dentist who was playing radio consultant advising Sid and Sid smacked the little dweeb down and said he has a radio career while the dentist has a message board

Sid Rosenberg got into it with the dentist who was playing radio consultant advising Sid and Sid smacked the little dweeb down and said he has a radio career while the dentist has a message board

Let's see... a dentist, on average, earns $172,000 a year. What does the average radio person make?

In other words, there is no need to belittle a person with a passion for radio just because they do not work in radio.

The dentist probably has more patients than Sid's weak show on WABC. He has held his job a lot longer than Sid has been able to hold one.

Lionel has actually had a long career in NY radio, as opposed to mostly wannabes such as a dentist with a NY radio message board

That still does not negate the fact that, as I said, "Lionel is more sound than substance at times".

Makes me think that you might be Lionel.

And how is that doing for them? 23rd in billing, behind even WADO and WMCA.

Let's see... a dentist, on average, earns $172,000 a year. What does the average radio person make?

In other words, there is no need to belittle a person with a passion for radio just because they do not work in radio.

Dentists have among the highest rates of depression and suicide If living in a fantasy world pathetically pretending to be a radio consultant is keeping the dentist from jumping off a bridge, that’s a good thing

Dentists have among the highest rates of depression and suicide If living in a fantasy world pathetically pretending to be a radio consultant is keeping the dentist from jumping off a bridge, that’s a good thing

Chatting with the wife of a dentist whose husband recently retired, I learned that the primary cause of depression and suicide in dentists is intractable pain from years of standing in very uncomfortable and unnatural positions while working on patients' teeth. She said her husband has a bad back and his career in dentistry is directly responsible.

Maybe that explains why the dentist running the NY Radio Message Board is such a nasty prick. I cannot confirm Lionel’s allegation of being a drunk

Not sure how things work in New York but in my state a dentist is also a MD. My dentist can prescribe narcotics and also has privileges at a local hospital. That makes him very much a doctor!
Why all the emotions about "the dentist?" I visit his board and have failed to see "all that is wrong." I'm a 40+ year industry veteran...does that qualify me in any way to opine?

And how is that doing for them? 23rd in billing, behind even WADO and WMCA.

Thats not the point - he was wrong.
Thats like saying a certain player in college wont make the nfl - then he does - then saying yeah but hes not a good player.
Doesnt matter he made it.

Thats not the point - he was wrong.
Thats like saying a certain player in college wont make the nfl - then he does - then saying yeah but hes not a good player.
Doesnt matter he made it.

Following your analogy, were a player to make the NFL, but sit on the bench all season without playing, then the point is a little more like "he thought he made it but actually he didn't". Sort of like Nash in NYC (which is not a full market signal in in some senses is just a suburban property like a slightly larger Thunder 106).

At the low billing level of Nash, it is certainly questionable if the format will survive; more than that, it's an issue of whether it's in NYC is due to an audience strategy or just a misstep by the previous Cumulus management.

Last edited:
My dentist can prescribe narcotics and also has privileges at a local hospital. That makes him very much a doctor!

A doctor is anyone who holds a doctorate. Dr. Frank Field has an O.D., Dr. Ruth Westheimer has an Ed.D., and Dr. Bob Harris, um, was a good weatherman.

Very often people aspire to careers in radio and realize they can't sustain a career there. They pursued other career paths and follow radio as a hobby. Is there anything wrong with that?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom