• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AT 40 The 70s

They do not and never have played the shows in sequential order. There is one man who remasters all the shows and most are complete. Premiere offers an "A" and a "B" show for the 70s and 80s. Some stations don't want to carry early 70s material.

They do not and never have played the shows in sequential order. There is one man who remasters all the shows and most are complete. Premiere offers an "A" and a "B" show for the 70s and 80s. Some stations don't want to carry early 70s material.

I've been listening for years of both 70s and 80s on various stations on the internet and yes some do not run 1970-1973, because their format is 75 on, anyways who wants to here young Donny Osmond and some of those bubble gum hits from then, and they rotate every 8 weeks on the years for each the 70s and 80s, and always run on the weekend closes to the actual date of the original broadcast.
What sucks though is that Oct 1978 AT 40 went from 3 hours to 4 hours, so those show to the end of 1979 do not air at all, and 1979 was my graduation year.

A very small town station that I voicetracked at from 2012-2015 carried AT40 the 70s. The station was given a choice of programs to air that week, either from the early 70s or late 70s. The PD usually picked the early 70s shows more often since he doesn't play any disco on his station.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom