• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Celebrity Voice Impersonated

I'm sure it's to guard against someone claiming they made a purchase because they really thought the actual celebrity was endorsing the product. I'm not at all certain there is an actual statute that requires it.

Maybe not a statute, but you can be sure that if the celebrity finds out his lawyer will be all over
that with threats of civil action for the unauthorized use of his voice and/or likeness.

With so many people making jokes about Donald Trump nowadays he'll have a hell of a hard time finding out and tracking them all down.

I saw a message on Twitter about someone comparing him to a toddler, but then that would be unfair to a toddler because they honor the rules of adults. LOL

I can remember impressions of other presidents being done in ads, but I don't remember the message that the voice was impersonated. Usually they were used in a funny way so most people had to know it was a joke.

I think intuitively most people know that the President of the United States is NOT going to
do a local ad for a car dealer or carpet store. Stations run the disclaimer because as always
their legal counsel tells them to CYA.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom