• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New Log 10/15/17

Another new one on AM, conditions were semi-auroral for a couple of days but have gotten much better.

1310 - KFKA Greeley, CO; promo for college football preview show 'on AM 1310, KFKA,' and commercial for local business with 970 area code, at 2350 PT 10/15. NEW #743, 1KW at 901 miles. Great find especially since KLIX dominates here!
Heard some music buried u/ KFKA and KLIX beaming east, not sure who that was. Maybe KEIN is back on.

Also heard:
1580 KFCS Colorado Springs with full ID at 2358 PT (didn't sound like 140w, distance 969 miles)
1520 KOKC OK with ID '1520 KOKC', which is very rare with KKXA and KQRR usually dominating (1400+ mi);
An UNID SSer on 1300 (maybe WNQM TN was on 50KW?)
1290 KOWB Laramie with ID, 1KW 829mi
870 CKIR BC 'EZ Rock' 250W
890 KDXU UT w/ ad for Downtown Furniture in Cedar City at 2330 PT
640 unid Spanish music under KFI, suspect Radio Progreso Cuba (a relog).

Trans Atlantic conditions last night on the Northern Ireland receiver were terrible. I heard absolutely nothing from North America around 0500 GMT.

.....640 unid Spanish music under KFI, suspect Radio Progreso Cuba (a relog).

Admittedly unscientific, but FWIW, R. Progreso seems to be programming music more often tan not whenever I hear them.

Yet the east-west path was open quite well here last night.

Another new one on AM, conditions were semi-auroral for a couple of days but have gotten much better.

1310 - KFKA Greeley, CO; promo for college football preview show 'on AM 1310, KFKA,' and commercial for local business with 970 area code, at 2350 PT 10/15. NEW #743, 1KW at 901 miles. Great find especially since KLIX dominates here!
Heard some music buried u/ KFKA and KLIX beaming east, not sure who that was. Maybe KEIN is back on.

Also heard:
1580 KFCS Colorado Springs with full ID at 2358 PT (didn't sound like 140w, distance 969 miles)
1520 KOKC OK with ID '1520 KOKC', which is very rare with KKXA and KQRR usually dominating (1400+ mi);
An UNID SSer on 1300 (maybe WNQM TN was on 50KW?)
1290 KOWB Laramie with ID, 1KW 829mi
870 CKIR BC 'EZ Rock' 250W
890 KDXU UT w/ ad for Downtown Furniture in Cedar City at 2330 PT
640 unid Spanish music under KFI, suspect Radio Progreso Cuba (a relog).

KOKC AM 1520 has been getting picked up in unusual locations lately, mostly due to their temporary authority to run non-directional since a tornado took down their transmitter. I've heard about people picking them up in Alabama, which would not normally be the case on their night-time directional pattern.

I still miss KOKC when they were playing Oldies back in the 90's and early 2000's. Due to their favorable night-time pattern toward Arizona, I would listen almost every night to KOKC. Their signal used to boom into Phoenix back in the day with no other stations nearby to cause interference.

Yeah, KLIX is a standard torchbearer on that frequency here in the Seattle area, too, as you're well aware. That and the station in Prosser basically have that channel covered.

I still miss KOKC when they were playing Oldies back in the 90's and early 2000's. Due to their favorable night-time pattern toward Arizona, I would listen almost every night to KOKC. Their signal used to boom into Phoenix back in the day with no other stations nearby to cause interference.

I extended my car's whip antenna from 31 to 60 inches when I lived in Plano just North of Dallas in the early 2000's- KOMA came in very well all over the Dallas area in the daytime. I made frequent trips to Lubbock - it would hang in there most of the trip, but asking over 300 miles from it was too much. It faded before Lubbock. I used to have a very sensitive setup in Midland in the 60's and was able to get a faint signal from them in the daytime. But I couldn't get them in the car, even on an old Delco with a 60 inch whip.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom