WBBM AM to diplex with WSCR - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: WBBM AM to diplex with WSCR

I don't know why they still have their HD on, all I can tell you is that they do still have it on.

Quote Originally Posted by radioman148 View Post
    I don't know why they still have their HD on, all I can tell you is that they do still have it on.
    They both occasionally turn it off during pre-dawn hours. independent of each other. But there's no apparent pattern to it, and mostly it stays on.
    Owner of a radio receiver

Thanks for the Answer

We had WSCR on in the car coming back from Monday night's Cubs-Brewers game at Miller Park and I was extremely impressed at the HD signal. Locked on in the parking lot and, except for a few dropouts near buildings heading back to the freeway, 670's HD signal held up all the way back to Wrigleyville.
    Had I not been in the car with four relatives, I'd have checked WBBM's signal to see how it sounds in Milwaukee. On past visits, it's been very good, but that also was long before this diplexing.

I’m not sure that the move has been made yet.

I don't believe the move has happened yet. According to FCC both the WBBM move and diplexing with WSCR as well as new WBBM auxiliary antenna are in CP (Construction Permit) stage.

Ah OK. Once it does, I am guessing Milwaukee could be an area where a difference (however slight) could be heard.

Quote Originally Posted by schmave View Post
    We had WSCR on in the car coming back from Monday night's Cubs-Brewers game at Miller Park and I was extremely impressed at the HD signal. .
    I was at the same game.

i don't have an HD radio in the car, but I do have experiences with them in and around Milwaukee. Central Milwaukee (including the Miller Park area). is usually where the HD signal from WSCR begins to fade. It's been a few years, but IIIRC, WBBM's HD is usually good up until about the southern city limits. But all of that said, IME, both the WSCR and WBBM HD signals continue to be "in and out" for about 20 miles north of the city limits on I-43.
    Owner of a radio receiver

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678