• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Cumulus on the I-heart app

your right, looks like IHeartRadio's deal to stream the Cumulus station may had expired and both sites agreed to part ways.

for now on, any Cumulus station that streamed on IHeartRadio will be streamed only on their station's respected site or their station's app. example, if you want to listen to 820 AM WBAP out of Dallas, you have to listen on WBAP.com or the WBAP app for IOS and Android.

this is where you go to find a Cumulus station to access their website to listen to the stream on their sites:
http://www.cumulus.com/stations/

so go there, find your favorite Cumulus owned station and listen to your favorite Cumulus station via their website.

their webstream is built into the actual site and is HTML5 friendly, meaning no flash needed.

it could be possible they maybe working out a deal to bring their streams on another streaming service like TuneIn, Radio.com (currently owned by CBS Radio but will be owned by Entercom once the Entercom/CBS Radio merger is finalized), or they could launch a unholy alliance with Spotify or launch their own in house web streaming site/app to compete with IHeartRadio, TuneIn or Radio.com. heck i wouldn't be surprise if Cumulus buys out TuneIn to make them their version of their rival companies sites/apps.

to be fair, TuneIn is more established then RDio ever was.

Yes you're right...that mean it will be far more expensive for them to buy.

Cumulus has $2 billion in debt, and their stock price is 32 cents. They have no money to buy anything, especially a streaming platform that will make them no money.

Streaming local radio stations has lots of expense and no profit. That's not something you do when you have $2 billion in debt.

update, i guess it must had been a glitch or a brief contract dispute at iHeartRadio and Cumulus that got resolved as the Cumulus stations are back on iHeartRadio. i'm listening to WBAP (as i only listen to WBAP for severe weather coverage as Brad Barton does a good job at covering severe weather on WBAP, WBAP hired him a while back after he was let go by KRLD) on the iHeartRadio Roku app.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom