• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Who's the 99.5 Simulcaster?

multiplex

Frequent Participant
I haven't yet heard this well enough to catch an ID, but who am I hearing on 99.5 with the same Spanish Christian programming as 93.7? Hearing this today for the first time, but haven't checked that frequency in a couple of weeks.
Can't find any stations/translators that match.

I haven't yet heard this well enough to catch an ID, but who am I hearing on 99.5 with the same Spanish Christian programming as 93.7? Hearing this today for the first time, but haven't checked that frequency in a couple of weeks.
Can't find any stations/translators that match.

Where did you hear this? It's probably a church using cheap Amazon transmitter that's broadcasting from the internet.

I'm in the Ravenna District here in Seattle. This signal's pretty weak here, but I'm curious about it. I don't drive, otherwise I'd have already been in my car checking out where it's the strongest.

From Radio Insight, "Centro Familiar Cristiano sells 99.5 K258BJ Everett WA to Gerson Infante-Reina for $100 in order to allow the translator to be used to rebroadcast its Spanish Christian “ 93.7 Familia-FM ” KLSY Montesano. As commercial band translators can only rebroadcast a station outside of its contour area if its not co-owned, this sale allows such a move." I just checked and I'm getting a somewhat weak signal too.

Thanks for the info. I read RadioInsight, but it's been a busy week and somehow I missed that. I've never heard that translator before, and the WTFDA shoed it as silent due to interference issues. Wish they'd have just put a booster for Everett on 93.7.

It was buried at the end of the station sales report this morning. Wasn't there a 99.5 up there that used to relay KUOW? From what I remember about it, Edgewater Broadcasting was trying to block that translator's move to 88.9. I never got that translator, but wonder what happened to it?

I knew it - K258CJ had been silent for years. So that's Everett's third new translator in about a year - 95.3 KRKO and 101.1 KKXA the others. Or is it the opposite? Seriously, when I think about 95.3 and 101.1 in the Seattle area, it's 'Z(ed) 95.3' and 'Rock 101' Vancouver...not all these LPFMs and translators! Then you've got 'La Estacion de La Familia' on 88.9 in south Everett (K205FO). They air on 1490 KBRO I think.

The only 99.5 I know of up here is the translator for KRPA 1110 and some ghosty CBC signal that drifts in and out some days in my car (not so much anymore since CFOX went HD.)

And wow. With all these LPFMs in Seattle, I worry about how they'e all going to survive. I never thought there would be THIS many. I'm sure one or two are going to find a foothold in accommodating neighborhoods, but the rest are going to have major struggles with all everything else available to anyone these days....

I never heard KUOW on 99.5 here, so if it was on I don't know when. And regarding LPFM's, KODX-LP (which only identifies as KODX) has been testing afternoons from around noon to 6, give or take, on 96.9. Not sure they plan to carry any music; they're running Pacifica programming when they test.
I hear them well enough, but I think their service area is a bit southwest of me.
Back to the 99.5, if they were silent due to interference, I'd think it would be interference to 99.3, and I wonder if they've made facility changes to prevent that.

I never heard KUOW on 99.5 here, so if it was on I don't know when. And regarding LPFM's, KODX-LP (which only identifies as KODX) has been testing afternoons from around noon to 6, give or take, on 96.9. Not sure they plan to carry any music; they're running Pacifica programming when they test.
I hear them well enough, but I think their service area is a bit southwest of me.
Back to the 99.5, if they were silent due to interference, I'd think it would be interference to 99.3, and I wonder if they've made facility changes to prevent that.

I would imagine the 99.5 translator in Everett is a pretty safe distance from KDDS.

The 99.5 with CBC programming is CBCV-FM1 Metchosin, BC, west of Victoria. Only 64w. I used to hear them in Marysville from time to time, along with Edmonds on the waterfront. Probably harder with the KDDS boosters and CFOX HD up north, plus K258CJ.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom