• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

98.9 Atlanta - Engineering Question

Anyone aware of any changes to 98.9 in Atlanta in terms of power/height? I'm in Duluth and in both Duluth and Alpharetta, I get a lot of interference from 98.9 Tallapoosa. This is a relatively new phenomena. I use to get 98.9 Atlanta north to roughly Dawson/Forsyth county line on 400. Now it appears interference from 98.9 Tallapoosa is spilling in. Noticed if for a few months now so it's not been so recent as in the last few days or weeks but the signal for 98.9 Atlanta hasn't always given this much trouble. I don't see any CP for either signal and Tallapoosa 98.9 is still 1800 KW.

[email protected] is pretty much maxed out in terms of coverage (power and HAAT).

Good DXing conditions, perhaps? Although Tallapoosa isn't much of a DX.

Anyone aware of any changes to 98.9 in Atlanta in terms of power/height? I'm in Duluth and in both Duluth and Alpharetta, I get a lot of interference from 98.9 Tallapoosa. This is a relatively new phenomena. I use to get 98.9 Atlanta north to roughly Dawson/Forsyth county line on 400. Now it appears interference from 98.9 Tallapoosa is spilling in. Noticed if for a few months now so it's not been so recent as in the last few days or weeks but the signal for 98.9 Atlanta hasn't always given this much trouble. I don't see any CP for either signal and Tallapoosa 98.9 is still 1800 KW.

It's likely that's because of atmospheric conditions and might change when the weather does.

There were heavy tropospheric conditions this morning. WDOD and WUSY in Chatanooga and WQEN in Birmingham all came in crystal clear this morning.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom