98.9 Atlanta - Engineering Question

Thread: 98.9 Atlanta - Engineering Question

98.9 Atlanta - Engineering Question

Anyone aware of any changes to 98.9 in Atlanta in terms of power/height? I'm in Duluth and in both Duluth and Alpharetta, I get a lot of interference from 98.9 Tallapoosa. This is a relatively new phenomena. I use to get 98.9 Atlanta north to roughly Dawson/Forsyth county line on 400. Now it appears interference from 98.9 Tallapoosa is spilling in. Noticed if for a few months now so it's not been so recent as in the last few days or weeks but the signal for 98.9 Atlanta hasn't always given this much trouble. I don't see any CP for either signal and Tallapoosa 98.9 is still 1800 KW.

99X@98.9 is pretty much maxed out in terms of coverage (power and HAAT).

Good DXing conditions, perhaps? Although Tallapoosa isn't much of a DX.
    "When broadcasting over the radio, there are certain words we must omit.
    Like 'BEEP' and 'BUZZ' and 'GOBBLE-GOBBLE', by gosh we can't even say shhhhhaving cream!"

Quote Originally Posted by acheron1982 View Post
    Anyone aware of any changes to 98.9 in Atlanta in terms of power/height? I'm in Duluth and in both Duluth and Alpharetta, I get a lot of interference from 98.9 Tallapoosa. This is a relatively new phenomena. I use to get 98.9 Atlanta north to roughly Dawson/Forsyth county line on 400. Now it appears interference from 98.9 Tallapoosa is spilling in. Noticed if for a few months now so it's not been so recent as in the last few days or weeks but the signal for 98.9 Atlanta hasn't always given this much trouble. I don't see any CP for either signal and Tallapoosa 98.9 is still 1800 KW.
    It's likely that's because of atmospheric conditions and might change when the weather does.

There were heavy tropospheric conditions this morning. WDOD and WUSY in Chatanooga and WQEN in Birmingham all came in crystal clear this morning.