• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Who Will Turn Out The Lights At WRKO ??

Speaking of the days when talk radio had recipes and stuff, youtube has audio of WTIC on the day JFK was shot.Casual chat, then bulletins start to break in.Before NBC radio starts more extended coverage, a caller starts, "oh my.I was going to talk about gardening but now..this news is very unsettling."

with a I and a B and a B and a Y ......

I was a big Major Mudd fan as a kid. I saw him in person at a theater in Stoughton. What I remember is that one of his hands was heavily bandaged. He also didn't seem too energetic or healthy. I'm not sure if his diabetes was starting to affect his general health by that time or not -- this would have been 1963 or 1964, I think.

I've heard/seen the video. The caller was calling in her turkey gravy recipe but could not continue. It may be the only recorded real-time reaction to the news. The aircheck is an interesting time capsule from that time. "How do I trim my maple tree?". The accompanying video is very interesting, it highlights the fact that bulletins had been breaking all over but WTIC apparently had no knowlegde of it until about 1:55pm. Callers didn't either, but with no "call waiting", if no one in that household had a TV or other radio station on, they wouldn't have known.

Speaking of the days when talk radio had recipes and stuff, youtube has audio of WTIC on the day JFK was shot.Casual chat, then bulletins start to break in.Before NBC radio starts more extended coverage, a caller starts, "oh my.I was going to talk about gardening but now..this news is very unsettling."

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom