• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Trump Wants To Challenge Licenses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump can't make it illegal to criticize him, but he figures he can silence the free press through lawsuits. O....k.

It might not be a bad idea for there to be a requirement in the future that one needs to have some experience as an elected official to run for POTUS. This one doesn't understand that there's a difference between being a rich celebrity and an employee of the people.

It might not be a bad idea for there to be a requirement in the future that one needs to have some experience as an elected official to run for POTUS. This one doesn't understand that there's a difference between being a rich celebrity and an employee of the people.

Two thumbs up. (I'd give you three, but two is all I have).

Definitely agreed. And it needs to be more than just being the mayor of a city regardless of the size. I'd say put it at the level of a governor congressman or senator.

That would be up to the political parties to enforce.

What elected offices did Ulysses Grant and Dwight Eisenhower hold before running for POTUS? Will there be a military loophole in your proposed requirement? And Herbert Hoover had been a Cabinet official (appointed) but never an elected one. Maybe he SHOULD have been prevented from running!

Because having 'experience' as elected officials has worked so well with past presidents. It's made them understand who controls what and who holds their past political moves over their heads. Not having that baggage is a real liability when becoming POTUS. (/sarc)

If you put government in charge of something, you'd better expect politics and corruption, but I repeat myself. There's nothing new or unique going on here in that respect just because you don't like the current President. Actually, there are unique things happening on many fronts right now, but you're not going to be able to see them through those blinders. History will handle that for you. You'll just have to be patient.

So far electing a reality TV star and would-be mob boss has gone as well as expected.

Because having 'experience' as elected officials has worked so well with past presidents. It's made them understand who controls what and who holds their past political moves over their heads. Not having that baggage is a real liability when becoming POTUS. (/sarc)

If you put government in charge of something, you'd better expect politics and corruption, but I repeat myself. There's nothing new or unique going on here in that respect just because you don't like the current President. Actually, there are unique things happening on many fronts right now, but you're not going to be able to see them through those blinders. History will handle that for you. You'll just have to be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom