• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Reading into Entercom's Divestures

I wonder if either of these are signs to come?
1. The radio in the waiting room at my therapy appointment has been playing Jack the past couple weeks, and they're doing weather reports now. They said in their usually humorous way something about it being mandated, which is something iHeart does. That's kind of interesting that Entercom would be doing that ahead of iHeart's takeover if iHeart has no plans of keeping the format.
2. I've also noticed the Jet is doing the mini mixes similar to what Jack sometimes does. Could either of these be signs of what's to come?

One of my friends (a country fan) in Lynnwood said she and her friends now listen to KKWF because they heard KMPS is changing their format after Christmas. She's not a radio insider or even knows anything about radio beyond the tuning and sound controls. But it might be a hint at current public perception....

One of my friends (a country fan) in Lynnwood said she and her friends now listen to KKWF because they heard KMPS is changing their format after Christmas. She's not a radio insider or even knows anything about radio beyond the tuning and sound controls. But it might be a hint at current public perception....

...especially when they tell their country listeners to switch to KKWF to hears today's country.

...especially when they tell their country listeners to switch to KKWF to hears today's country.

It's the Faberge Effect. It works like this: A listener hears a message like that. And they'll tell two friends. And then they'll tell two friends. And so on. And so on. And so on......

Like in the classic '70s shampoo commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgDxWNV4wWY

Only with today's twist of social media...Now they can tell 200 friends. And then they'll tell 200 friends. And so on. And so on....

If they're planning a return to country on 94.1 MHz, it just might be a little messy for at least the first month or two.

That overnight dedication show that swhyde1980 mentioned is Sunday Night Slow Jams with R. Dub. Most just air him on Sunday nights but like here in Yakima, he can also be heard on some stations Mon-Thur nights. And yes, I've heard 1970s R&B on that show - Heatwave's 'Always and Forever' and Marvin Gaye 'Let's Get it On' come to mind. Most of the music he plays is 1990s through today.

Does 99.3 run the Sunday Night Slow Jams as well, or just 107.3? I was in range of KFFM on a Sunday night back in August and they were in the middle of that program as it was like 9 in the evening. Speaking of DXing in that area, not to derail this thread, but I found it quite odd that the car radio that night didn't ever land on 102.1 when we scanned the dial. Coming back from Levinworth, I had asked to hear 99.5 since they don't stream. Once we lost that signal, we went to 101.1 until we lost that signal, keep in mind we are going 97 to 90, not back over 2. Once we lost 101.1, we found 95.3, but continued scanning for a bit, which is where we came across 107.3.

KFFM does air Sunday Night Slow Jams. KMGW airs Sunday night (at the same time) along with Mon-Thur. Back to the Entercom topic...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom