Reading into Entercom's Divestures - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 88 of 88

Thread: Reading into Entercom's Divestures

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by boombox4 View Post
    I understand what you are saying, but it's a bit ironic that the only demo that seems to appeal to these big money agencies is merely 15 years in breadth. Even less, if you consider that many young adults don't really begin making decent money until they leave college at age 22, which would make it a 13 year spread -- age 22 to 35.
    Advertisers are looking to develop brand loyalty as early as possible. If the 17-year-old can't drink Budweiser legally now, he will be able to in a few years, so saturate that brain with images of happy, cool people drinking Bud. A 40-year-old Coors drinker is useless; he knows what his favorite brew is and will just tune out the rival brands' ads. Same goes for cars -- the 50-year-old who's owned five Dodge Ram pickups isn't going to buy a Ford next time, but the 16-year-old with a learner's permit is a blank slate, so imprint the Ram brand and hope that's what he asks Dad to get him after he graduates from high school.

  2. #82

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by KXA View Post
    EMF doesn't need another stick in this market, unless you're talking about Air1. They have it covered with KLSW (104.5) and KNBQ (98.5). (If you haven't noticed, EMF sells their FM's in the commercial band where possible to buy FM's in the non-com band...at good profits.)
    If EMF wants to bring Air 1 to Seattle, how about they acquire one of the Sinclair's radio stations? I don't see a reason for EMF to acquire one of Entercom's divestitures since they already did in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Wilkes-Barre.

  3. #83
    Moderator/Assistant Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    35,140
    Quote Originally Posted by boombox4 View Post
    I understand what you are saying, but it's a bit ironic that the only demo that seems to appeal to these big money agencies is merely 15 years in breadth. Even less, if you consider that many young adults don't really begin making decent money until they leave college at age 22, which would make it a 13 year spread -- age 22 to 35.
    18-34 is not the biggest of the broader sales demos... it is 25-54. When an agency buys that demo, they will generally buy several stations deep, using one for the younger end, one for the upper end and one for the middle. If they buy any deeper, they continue to fine-tune the balance of ages (and gender and even ethnicity, if appropriate).
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by miketheradioguy View Post
    If EMF wants to bring Air 1 to Seattle, how about they acquire one of the Sinclair's radio stations? I don't see a reason for EMF to acquire one of Entercom's divestitures since they already did in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Wilkes-Barre.
    That would assume Sinclair wants to sell. It also assumes EMF would pay what Sinclair would want.

    I don’t see EMF or a non-comm operator getting KJAQ and KZOK. Not that it couldn’t happen, but I tend to think the sale or trade value of those properties is too high.

  5. #85

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    That would assume Sinclair wants to sell. It also assumes EMF would pay what Sinclair would want.

    I don’t see EMF or a non-comm operator getting KJAQ and KZOK. Not that it couldn’t happen, but I tend to think the sale or trade value of those properties is too high.
    Sure, Sinclair could easily sell 97.7 to EMF allowing them to put Air 1 on the frequency. Salem could take KVI if they don't acquire KFNQ from Entercom, and Bonneville could acquire KPLZ and KOMO 1000.

  6. #86

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bellingham WA
    Posts
    5,777
    And what about the Spanish broadcasters? I'm surprised no one has mentioned them...
    The president of Puerto Rico really sucks.

  7. #87
    Moderator/Assistant Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    35,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongwater View Post
    And what about the Spanish broadcasters? I'm surprised no one has mentioned them...
    I presume you are referring to the Spanish language broadcasters, as "Spanish" broadcasters are all in Spain.

    Hispanic population in Seattle is only at the bare minimum to sustain a full signal facility, and the prices that the spin-offs would command likely make this possibility rather low.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly A View Post
    Hey Steve. Glad to hear you're still banging the drum about MDCL.
    It's what happens when you make it work.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




     
Our Conferences
Useful Contacts
Community


Contact Us