• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Entercom announces what it keeps, what it doesn't

So...is that a racist comment against white people? Racism is racism...you can't have it both ways.

Really shocked that someone who would post here on a radio board would think that " White Noise " would have anything but a technical or audio response meaning. Then again KXA may have unintentionally revealed that actual format and audience demos sought by Right-Wing Talk Radio. Thanks for the new definition but that was not my intent in my post.

Really shocked that someone who would post here on a radio board would think that " White Noise " would have anything but a technical or audio response meaning. Then again KXA may have unintentionally revealed that actual format and audience demos sought by Right-Wing Talk Radio. Thanks for the new definition but that was not my intent in my post.

Your original comment left the door wide open for a double meaning of 'white noise'...that's where the issue is.

I don't even know how to respond to this one

it is either really bad sarcasm, or the dumbest thing I have ever read on an internet forum geared towards people who are supposed to know something about radio.

Either way, here is your trophy, thanks for participating

here, read and learn: http://science.howstuffworks.com/question47.htm

I know what white noise is...you missed the possible double meaning in the original post. Uncle Kaimbridge in post #40 got it.

EMF

While we're all seriously slobbering over who will buy what - and I hope EMF comes nowhere near any of the divested properties! - I can't resist a bit of levity.

WGBH buys WBZ, puts Joe Matthieu back in mornings.

Now I hope that EMF tries to grab one of the FM stations anyway.

I was referring to the WKAF format moving to 107.3 not K-Love.

And I can get 95.5 from Providence quite well in Worcester if I did want to listen to K-Love.

I donʼt know if it is just coincidence—and they are just upgrading software, or something—but WBZ(AM)ʼs IBOC has been off since Friday (I believe they are still using the main xmtr)! :rolleyes:

I was referring to the WKAF format moving to 107.3 not K-Love.

And I can get 95.5 from Providence quite well in Worcester if I did want to listen to K-Love.

Another possibility is that Entercom could acquire the 103.7 translator and move the Urban AC format to the translator if they spin 97.7.

I'll take a little guess. Can't hurt. Entercom sells 100.7 and 98.5 to Clear Channel. Clear Channel keeps 94.5, 101.7, and 107.9. Clear Channel sells 1200 (106.1) and 1430. 1200 and 106.1 become K-Love. 1430 goes foreign language. Entercom sells 1030 to Hubbard. Stays all news. Keeps partnership with WBZ-TV despite separate owners.

106.1 is the FM translator of Beasley's WRCA 1330, not 1200.Both 1200 and 1330/106.1 are currently running Bloomberg but I hear 1200's contract with them ends in Feb
Remember,WRCA and the 106.1 were simulcasting WBQT 96.9 HD2, Irish Channel until the July 4 flip of 1330 and 106.1 to Bloomberg

Last edited:
As I've mentioned previously, Entercom’s announcement of how many stations and how much cash it plans to get would seem to rule out iHeart and Cumulus at least in Boston. Maybe those companies are more creative than I'm giving them credit, but it seems hard, if not impossible, to make those numbers work with either of them.

I'll take a little guess. Can't hurt. Entercom sells 100.7 and 98.5 to Clear Channel. Clear Channel keeps 94.5, 101.7, and 107.9. Clear Channel sells 1200 (106.1) and 1430. 1200 and 106.1 become K-Love. 1430 goes foreign language. Entercom sells 1030 to Hubbard. Stays all news. Keeps partnership with WBZ-TV despite separate owners.

Entercom will never see control of WBZ A/F and WZLX to facilitate the sale. CBS is selling those stations. If they don't get sold before the merger, they go into a trust that Entercom doesn't have control over. Now if iHeartMedia wants to get their hands on these properties, they could probably get creative with swapping and trading stations in other markets with CBS. At that point, if those stations didn't work against Entercom in said markets, they would come under their portfolio. The question is, if iHM did this, would they be willing to take the operating cost of WBZ AM & FM as they ain't cheap to run.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom