• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Any American Thanksgiving shows/specials shown in Canada for Canadian Thanksgiving?

With today being Thanksgiving in Canada, out of curiousity have any Canadian networks (CBC, CTV, cable) aired, or still air, any of the American Thanksgiving specials?

Such as "Charlie Brown Thanksgiving," the Garfield and Bugs Bunny Thanksgiving specials that haven't aired much in the States in years, Thanksgiving episodes on reruns of American sitcoms, etc.

If so, do the Canadian networks air a special broadcast of those shows/specials on or around the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend (coinciding with Columbus Day weekend in the States), or do they only air on American networks as American Thanksgiving approaches in late November?

I don't think so. While the holidays are similar, the backstory and rationale for the holiday
are slightly different in Canada. They didn't have Pilgrims for one thing.

Living near the U.S. Canadian border for many years, I too do not recall
any major celebration for their Thanksgiving. With their very limited
Canadian programming. I don't believe they had any Canadian content
for the holiday either......

No, we never had our own specials. The very few that did air were imported from the U.S., and we saw them again in November. Some cable networks were airing the Charlie Brown specials over the weekend.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom