WMEX Updates?? - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: WMEX Updates??

Quote Originally Posted by DrAkbar View Post
    That lease is 12k a month, and I'm sure there's an escalator clause in it. Minimum bid is $300k. Good luck!
    I'm rather conflicted on the WMEX mess. Part of me wants the forces of Karma to play out....with Daly XXL seeing exactly $ 0.00 from the auction of 1510. On the other hand....as a fan of radio with a soft spot in my heart for AM....I would be very sad to see WMEX go.

DrAkbar......I noticed that you're writing from Arizona. One question: Would you happen to know if Frank Battaglia is still alive? (father of the snake Francis Battaglia of 1100-KFNX infamy). OH!...and speaking of Karma.....please tell me that Karma has finally caught up with Francis (God knows he has it coming to him).
    Last edited by Channel 83; 12-06-2017 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Channel 83 View Post
    I'm rather conflicted on the WMEX mess. Part of me wants the forces of Karma to play out....with Daly XXL seeing exactly $ 0.00 from the auction of 1510. On the other hand....as a fan of radio with a soft spot in my heart for AM....I would be very sad to see WMEX go.

DrAkbar......I noticed that you're writing from Arizona. One question: Would you happen to know if Frank Battaglia is still alive? (father of the snake Francis Battaglia of 1100-KFNX infamy). OH!...and speaking of Karma.....please tell me that Karma has finally caught up with Francis (God knows he has it coming to him).
    http://writersunitetofightcancer.org...cis-battaglia/

I'm so sorry to read about Frank Battaglia's passing. I always liked the man....even if he was eccentric, and very tight with a buck.

The one thing I will always remember Frank for is his constantly nagging the receptionist to brew for him a pot of green herbal laxative tea

As for Francis.....either he's changed a great deal since the dark days of WALE-990.....OR....he has one heck of a good PR writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Channel 83 View Post
    I would be very sad to see WMEX go.
    The WMEX you are sad to see go... has been gone now for decades.

[QUOTE=Channel 83;6181655
    As for Francis.....either he's changed a great deal since the dark days of WALE-990.....OR....he has one heck of a good PR writer.[/QUOTE]

Francis has (or had) a 37% piece of KFNX 11~Hundred in Phoenix. The station went into Chapter 7 earlier this year and a Trustee is managing it. Daytime 50kw with great market coverage, but drops to 1kw at night with a directional pattern that aint all that healthy. Syndicated and brokered programming 24/7. It'll probably sell for more than WMEX!
    Dr. Akbar 'n Nurse Jeff
    The Middle Eastern Men of the Media
    Buckeye, AZ

Hiring us is a no brainer. In fact, it's a double no brainer!

I would guess that Herald radio won't be interested now, if they were before.

http://www.bostonherald.com/business...spaper_company

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910