• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What will become of Radio.com?

Once Entercom takes over CBS properties will they dissolve Radio.com or add more Entercom stations?
I noticed most Entercom stations have their own separate app, that might be the route they go with CBS properties as well.

The bad news about Radio.com is it's been managed badly. They really had the chance to build a formidable competitor to iHeartRadio, and missed it. However, my view is there's more money to be made by owning your own platform, and the branding is potentially useful if they manage it well. They will have a huge project removing the radio stations from the CBSlocal platform. In my view, that corporate approach kept Radio.com from becoming more successful. Now that radio will be separate from the TV stations, they have the opportunity to build a huge digital presence by combining all of their radio stations on the one platform. I think that's the way they will go.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom