• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Fantastic east-west conditions lately

crainbebo

Walk of Fame Participant
Nothing new, but the east has been roaring in big time past few days. You folks in the Midwest should point west especially at the 6-7AM hour, several Midwest DXers have been getting KNTS/1680 Seattle plus many others. Neil Kazaross in northern IL just logged KKOL/1300 this morning!
Last night...
Around 11pm, CFZM/740 Toronto was // to their stream with a fair signal over CBX and KCBS. Over to 750 and CKJH Melfort, SK (Classic Hits) was very dominant mixing with KXTG.
760 had KDSP CO for a little while, 'Orange and Blue 760' with their all-Broncos talk format, then around midnight had a very good fadeup from WJR Detroit, full ID around 12:06 PT. Not new but not heard often. Of course WBBM was huge on 780 u/ Reno.
CHAB was rockin' 800 last night, CKOR towards the NNE. 810 had what sounded like Asian talk under a very dominant KGO. CKJH is still wanted here, badly. I've heard WHB *and* WGY but never CKJH MB, which is much closer. 830 WCCO mixed with KNCO, 840 finally had a noise-free frequency for the first time in weeks but didn't hear my most-wanted WHAS. Heard pop music on 870 but didn't stick around to ID it (either CKIR or CFBV, both relogs).
600 had Radio Rebelde mixing with CJWW // 1180!!! This is very rare! 640 SS music under KFI had to be Radio Progreso. Did not hear Cuba on 670 or 710, but KBOI/KIRO were very strong of course. 680 CJOB was very good under KNBR.

Here's early morning Friday logs...
550 KFYR Bismarck 'Voice of the Northern Plains, an iHeartRadio station' at midnight TOH under KOAC, relog
680 CJOB MB 'winnipegcustom.com' mixing with KNBR
690 CBKF-1 SK // 860 CBKF-2 SK, French talk. Still need CJBC but didn't hear an echo or a second French program.
950 CFAM Altona MB with classical music under KJR, also // 1220 CJRB. No sign (yet!) of CHSM-1250.
940 CJGX SK dominant with high school football scores
1080 KRLD Dallas w/ start of Clark Howard show, good signal over KFXX. 1090 had SS under Seattle/San Diego, likely 1KW KMXA CO.
1380 Coast to Coast under KRKO - KOTA SD?
1410 'Kiix AM 1410' = Fort Collins CO, 1000w with classic country.

Heard 870 CKIR BC on 10/4, // stream with 'Someone Like You' Adele. They are 250w and not common. CKIR repeats CKGR-FM in Golden (EZ Rock).

Hopefully new ones soon!

Two-way street on this end as well. Example, CFAC (960) was in early Saturday morning for the entire 20 minutes I was on the channel. Alone on top with minimal fading. "Normally" I only hear them only about 3-4 during the course of a winter. Another example, I was in Birmingham Alabama and Jackson, Tennessee during the previous couple of days. I went to 740 looking for CFZM, expecting KRMG to be on top at both locations. KRMG was not only on top both nights, but blowing out whatever might have been there from CFZM and everything else.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom