• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Super Estrella 92.7??

I keep hearing commercials on LA TRICOLOR 1180 AM about programming on SUPER ESTRELLA 92.7 FM.

What's the deal hear? Is it just a commercial from some other city? Why would they be playing it here??

I keep hearing commercials on LA TRICOLOR 1180 AM about programming on SUPER ESTRELLA 92.7 FM.

What's the deal hear? Is it just a commercial from some other city? Why would they be playing it here??

There is no way anybody in Houston could put a translator on 92.7. That is first adjacent to a full class C. The FCC has gone absolutely bonkers in these ridiculous translator and LP allocations - I guess they want to re-make the FM band in the image of the AM band. We all know how well the AM band works, particularly at night, when anybody who wants a station, or wants to operate their daytimer at night - gets permission. But not even our political FCC is stupid enough to start putting translators on first adjacent frequencies to a full class C. Yet.

There is no way anybody in Houston could put a translator on 92.7. T

Obviously they are running a promo that was intended for their Moab/Las Vegas Superestrella outlet, as Entravision has no other Houston facilities.

There is no way anybody in Houston could put a translator on 92.7. That is first adjacent to a full class C. The FCC has gone absolutely bonkers in these ridiculous translator and LP allocations - I guess they want to re-make the FM band in the image of the AM band. We all know how well the AM band works, particularly at night, when anybody who wants a station, or wants to operate their daytimer at night - gets permission. But not even our political FCC is stupid enough to start putting translators on first adjacent frequencies to a full class C. Yet.

Guess again...in Beaumont, Martin was allowed a xlator on 107.7, adj to 107.9!! But it was limited to 1 watt ERP ..the claim was it would not interfer with 107.9 in the city limits of Beaumont...it eventually moved to 107.5...but yes the FCC has allowed xlator first adj .. depends on power, distance, etc..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom