• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

“Claypool’s Own” KIKO now broadcasting on 96.5

EricStein

Star Participant
I just noticed this while scanning the dial, so I don’t know how long it’s been on this frequency (its owner, the mysterious John Low, filed for the license in June). They’re broadcasting HD just like they did on 97.3, but the coverage is still spotty and the analog signal isn’t time delayed to match the HD.

The strange saga of 1TV.com continues.

1TV.com apparently pulled some shady stuff to get that frequency according to an informal objection against KIKO.

1TV.com apparently pulled some shady stuff to get that frequency according to an informal objection against KIKO.

I actually haven't heard it broadcasting the last week or two on 96.5. Here in the east valley, it easily overpowered the Christian Rock station. About par for the course for the station that can't find a home.

Battle of the Bizzaros: John Low (1TV) vs Vic Michael (Kona Coast Radio, et al). 96~Five is also a translator licensed to Laveen and supplementing KLVK (EMF) of Fountain Hills. Michael claims he wants to establish first service to Star Valley (just east of Payson) on that frequency and John Low's move to that same frequency screws things up. Michael (as Cedar Cove B'casting) is the Buyer of KPHX 14~Eighty, so Nurse Jeff and I are certain the plot will get more bizarre.

Last edited:
Battle of the Bizzaros: John Low (1TV) vs Vic Michael (Kona Coast Radio, et al). 96~Five is also a translator licensed to Laveen and supplementing KLVK (EMF) of Fountain Hills. Michael claims he wants to establish first service to Star Valley (just east of Payson) on that frequency and John Low's move to that same frequency screws things up. Michael (as Cedar Cove B'casting) is the Buyer of KPHX 14~Eighty, so Nurse Jeff and I are certain the plot will get more bizarre.

Ever since the FCC allowed FM translators for AM stations and gave out more LPFM permits, the FM band has become the Wild West with stations going after one another regarding interference complaints. You’ve got Michael and KRDE owner Linda Corso after John Low, alongside whoever’s running the 99.1 LPFM today. Mr. Low employs so many Washington communications lawyers to keep up with the interference complaints he’s getting, giving him time to focus on his side job promoting gun shows.

There are a lot of bizarros in radio. Those two, plus Ted Tucker, Roy Henderson, Cesar Guel, and whoever is behind Hispanic Target Media and Centro Cristiana de Vida Eterna are among the crazies. All of the aforementioned come up with huge dockets to add or upgrade multiple stations while struggling to keep their existing stations on the air. I also think most of them have run afoul of Uncle Charlie at least once.

There are a lot of bizarros in radio. Those two, plus Ted Tucker, Roy Henderson, Cesar Guel, and whoever is behind Hispanic Target Media and Centro Cristiana de Vida Eterna are among the crazies. All of the aforementioned come up with huge dockets to add or upgrade multiple stations while struggling to keep their existing stations on the air. I also think most of them have run afoul of Uncle Charlie at least once.

Less we forget: Asociacion Internacional de Comunicaciones Cristianes, the non-profit (cough-cough, wink-wink) that owns Cortaro (KASA 15~Forty), KCKY (11~Fifty) and Radio Hogar (KSAZ 5-Eighty). Rules...what rules?

Less we forget: Asociacion Internacional de Comunicaciones Cristianes, the non-profit (cough-cough, wink-wink) that owns Cortaro (KASA 15~Forty), KCKY (11~Fifty) and Radio Hogar (KSAZ 5-Eighty). Rules...what rules?

Then there's Will Kemp (who owns KEMP 99.3 in Payson, which simulcasts one of his Las Vegas stations) and "Deportes y Musica Comunicaciones," owners of KRPH 99.5 Morristown (a simulcast of KLAX in Los Angeles).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom