• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KNX Diane Thompson to Evenings

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the 6PM hour of KNX Evening News was regularly being anchored by two male voices, usually but not always Mike Simpson and Chris Sedens. Then I heard Diane Thompson reporting for that broadcast, and then anchoring solo at 7PM.

They updated their schedule on their website, moving Brian Ping (who I think is awful) to the midday news, Sedens to PM with Mike Simpson, and Diane Thompson loses her long time PM spot to move to evenings solo.

I think its an interesting move to put two male voices on during drive time; not something you hear often any more.

After nine months...

Diane Thompson back to PM drive with Mike Simpson.

Chris Sedens back to middays.

Brian Ping back to evenings.

Why do you dislike Ping? He has a great voice, doesn't make too many mistakes and sounds like he knows what he's talking about.

Before the pandemic, WCBS NYC had two all-male anchor teams. Wayne Cabot & Paul Murnane in AM Drive. Michael Wallace and Steve Scott in PM Drive.

But since the pandemic, WCBS doesn't use dual anchors. I guess it would be too difficult if they're all working from home. Now Wayne Cabot and Steve Scott alternate hours between 5am and 11am. Paul Murnane does 11am - 2pm. And between 2pm and 8pm, Michael Wallace and Lynda Lopez alternate hours. Between 8pm and 5am, Vickie Allen and Levon Putney alternate either one or two hours.

On weekends, anchors either alternate one or two hours: 5am - 1pm, 1pm - 9pm and 9pm - 5am.

Before the pandemic, WCBS NYC had two all-male anchor teams. Wayne Cabot & Paul Murnane in AM Drive. Michael Wallace and Steve Scott in PM Drive.

But since the pandemic, WCBS doesn't use dual anchors. I guess it would be too difficult if they're all working from home. Now Wayne Cabot and Steve Scott alternate hours between 5am and 11am. Paul Murnane does 11am - 2pm. And between 2pm and 8pm, Michael Wallace and Lynda Lopez alternate hours. Between 8pm and 5am, Vickie Allen and Levon Putney alternate either one or two hours.

On weekends, anchors either alternate one or two hours: 5am - 1pm, 1pm - 9pm and 9pm - 5am.

Wayne Cabot and Paul Murnane are both anchoring from home.

Steve Scott is commuting in to the studio.

Perhaps that shuffle was to ensure one of the two drive time anchors in both AM and PM drive was anchoring from the studio. I don't know which of Wallace or Lopez is in the studio, but I'm sure one of them is going in every day.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom