• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Changes in Santa Fe

It looks like KVSF 101.5 has gone from news/talk to jazz as "The Cat". The local shows and coast-to-coast AM have moved over to KTRC 1260 which is also claiming to air on 103.7 in Santa Fe (not Abq).

They claim to be Santa Fe's only jazz station although The Oasis I think still has a translator on 95.9 up there. 95.9 in Albuquerque has been dark since early spring. It would be good if they would move KANW-HD2 there which has the same owner as 107.5 which is weaker at 55 watts vs 250 watts at 95.9. They may be looking for another AM in need of an FM signal.

Here is the link to the new station which also has a live stream. https://santafe.com/thecat

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Remember “Smooth Jazz 101.1 The Cat?” For a brief time in '05/'06, you needed an outdoor antenna or satellite radio if you wanted Smooth Jazz in Albuquerque.

This station is airing straight jazz and some vocals, mainly standards or jazz. They are not like The Oasis in the least bit whatsoever. It's more like those non-commercial jazz stations. KOAZ is straight smooth jazz with some smooth R&B vocals. With the ABQ translator off on 95.9, can you get K240EC in Albuquerque/Rio Rancho (albeit weak), or is it blocked by hills?
BTW the 103.7 ABQ stream hasn't worked this week. Technical problems I assume. Maybe I should give 'em an email.

On my car radio I can actually pick up The Oasis on 95.9 sometimes quite well but it comes in and out with the static at least in the western part of the city.

101.1 has been harder to get since 100.9 upgraded their signal a few years ago. I can still hear it but there is a lot of interference. Although I think KSFR also plays jazz quite often so fans have more selection than probably anywhere else in the country.

Now KOAZ's stream displays '404 error' and their email ([email protected]) doesn't work anymore. Station is still running their SJ format however as their playlist continues to update. I hope this issue can be resolved soon!

Yep, just saw it. Thanks!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom