• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KTDD. 0.0 latest ratings book

34james

Frequent Participant
Ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb379

I don't think I've ever seen anything like this.

David E how can it be a benefit to a station if there is no audience and how would it benefit advertisers. You have said that anything below a 0.4 advertisers won't bother looking to advertise on that station. Even if it were oldies on KTDD it might have a better audience than nothing at all. Just sayin.

Ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb379

I don't think I've ever seen anything like this.

David E how can it be a benefit to a station if there is no audience and how would it benefit advertisers. You have said that anything below a 0.4 advertisers won't bother looking to advertise on that station. Even if it were oldies on KTDD it might have a better audience than nothing at all. Just sayin.

Agencies don't look at stations in markets this size if they are outside the top 10 to 12. KTDD has been an in-and-out-of-the-book 0.2 to 0.0 since adopting sports.

The fact is that with that terrible signal, there is not much else they can do with the facility. They can add the station on to cluster buys, or they can find a few local clients who don't use ratings anyway.

Agencies don't look at stations in markets this size if they are outside the top 10 to 12. KTDD has been an in-and-out-of-the-book 0.2 to 0.0 since adopting sports.

The fact is that with that terrible signal, there is not much else they can do with the facility. They can add the station on to cluster buys, or they can find a few local clients who don't use ratings anyway.

I've seen this with a few one lung stations in other markets. There comes a point where the land is worth more than the facility.

At KBLA Century City we never sold a spot in the year on the air. We did sell airtime, heck the Veterans show hosted and sold by Chuck Ashman, our "California Drive" afternoon host and former RSO Executive VP went for $2000 an hour when others were paying $200. We cleared all 4 abc Network spots at $10 a spot and never appeared in the book. Lee Marshall was there, wanted to fight anyone who sat at his desk or used his chair, friendly fellow~

Wasn't that station Classic Country? They probably had more listeners than they have now and nobody else was doing the format. Obviously it skews old but wouldn't they be better off with a format that is embraced by geezers than doing Sports? No oneis listening. If a tree falls.....

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom