• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Chris Merrill out at KFYI

The OG Radioman just got an email from the New KFYI PD announcing that KFYI and Chris Merrill parted was today and todays show would be his last.

If a tree falls in the forest....

Wonder if he's another victim of I ♥ Heart Debt's Whack-A-Salary?

Not that I was a huge fan but he had only recently said that in the last 30 (I think that's what he said) surveys taken he was #1 over any other program on any other station in the same time period. I've always heard if you get ratings, you usually aren't the one let go. So maybe there was a falling out. Why oh why can't it happen to Glenn Beck?

Last edited:
Not that I was a huge fan but he had only recently said that in the last 30 (I think that's what he said) surveys taken he was #1 over any other program on any other station in the same time period. I've always heard if you get ratings, you usually aren't the one let go. So maybe there was a falling out.

We didn't think Merrill was the right fit for KFYI. Was moved to the Valley from I ♥ Debt's KOGO, so he may have had a juicy contract they didn't want to break. Maybe now the contract is up and they can save some $$? Maybe the new PD didn't think he was a good fit? Do they really have a PD?

Maybe no one cares!

Last edited:
Damn, he was the only guy there that wasn't an idiotic wingnut pandering to ignorant pissed off morons.

Damn, he was the only guy there that wasn't an idiotic wingnut pandering to ignorant pissed off morons.

The final time that I listened to his show was when he did 2 detailed segments on heterosexual men kissing in public. I had no interest in the topic.

Not that I was a huge fan but he had only recently said that in the last 30 (I think that's what he said) surveys taken he was #1 over any other program on any other station in the same time period.

Actually, he claimed to be #1 over any other program on that frequency in the same time slot, an empty claim obviously made tongue-in-cheek.

I didn't mind his opinions, but he wasn't terribly knowledgeable and didn't do his research.

One such example was memorable to me because it involved: Merrill got all worked up about the new online filing website at the Arizona Department of Revenue (my employer), pointing out that there was a transaction privilege tax, so not only did you have to file online, but you also had to pay a tax for the privilege of making the transaction.

I wouldn't expect Joe Blow on the street to know this, but any business owner in Arizona and any talk show radio host that does his homework should know that our "sales tax" is called transaction privilege tax, or TPT, so there was no special tax for the privilege of doing business with the DOR, it was just our "sales tax". I laughed so hard that if I weren't in the middle of rush hour traffic on I-10, I would have driven off the road.

Fortunately, he more than made up for his lack of knowledge with bombast.

Actually, he claimed to be #1 over any other program on that frequency in the same time slot, an empty claim obviously made tongue-in-cheek.

I didn't mind his opinions, but he wasn't terribly knowledgeable and didn't do his research.

One such example was memorable to me because it involved: Merrill got all worked up about the new online filing website at the Arizona Department of Revenue (my employer), pointing out that there was a transaction privilege tax, so not only did you have to file online, but you also had to pay a tax for the privilege of making the transaction.

I wouldn't expect Joe Blow on the street to know this, but any business owner in Arizona and any talk show radio host that does his homework should know that our "sales tax" is called transaction privilege tax, or TPT, so there was no special tax for the privilege of doing business with the DOR, it was just our "sales tax". I laughed so hard that if I weren't in the middle of rush hour traffic on I-10, I would have driven off the road.

Fortunately, he more than made up for his lack of knowledge with bombast.

Lol, I missed THAT, I hafta quit multi tasking while I listen. He did the same thing to some people in my profession. He started bad mouthing school district employees because of an incident that happened in a private school.And most of the people he was referring to were hard working and good hearted. He was foaming at the mouth trying to whip people into a frenzy and there was NOTHING there. Maybe it IS what pundits do but he didn't do it too well and he could get pretty obnoxious when he was barking up the wrong tree.

I tried listening to his show 2-3 months over the last 2 years. He always said something to make me drop him.

I tried, but I could not stand to listen to him. He was always yelling & screaming trying to make mountains out of molehills. (manufactured enthusiasm)
Listening to that nonsense in rush hour traffic gets old REAL quick.

I tried, but I could not stand to listen to him. He was always yelling & screaming trying to make mountains out of molehills. (manufactured enthusiasm)
Listening to that nonsense in rush hour traffic gets old REAL quick.

Well, the crazy conspiracy nutsack Darin Damme is gone come December. Amazed that he lasted as long as he did on KTAR doing his Alex Jones impersonation.

Well, the crazy conspiracy nutsack Darin Damme is gone come December. Amazed that he lasted as long as he did on KTAR doing his Alex Jones impersonation.

Too bad Bob Mohan isn't still around. That was some good stuff.
Bring back Ancarlo or Joe Crummy!

Too bad Bob Mohan isn't still around. That was some good stuff.
Bring back Ancarlo or Joe Crummy!

Wonder if Raul is still living in the Nearly Bald One's backyard storage shed? Team him with Babinksi and you've got a show!

After hearing a few minutes of crazy Darin on Friday, I'd welcome more of the Hillbilly Bible Personal Finance Show.

After hearing a few minutes of crazy Darin on Friday, I'd welcome more of the Hillbilly Bible Personal Finance Show.

I've wondered, is Dave Ramsey's show an actual syndicated talk show or a paid infomercial program?
He brags that he is the #3 talk show in America.

I've wondered, is Dave Ramsey's show an actual syndicated talk show or a paid infomercial program?
He brags that he is the #3 talk show in America.

It's barter-based syndication and does quite well.

It's barter-based syndication and does quite well.

You run his show, he gives you tasty recipes for beans & rice.

Excuse me while I kiss this guy (or is it the sky?), but isn't this thread about KFYI?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom