• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Chris Merrill out at KFYI

Wonder if Raul is still living in the Nearly Bald One's backyard storage shed? Team him with Babinksi and you've got a show!

I've been thinking the same thing. It's about time for Babinski to have a go at it. He's still a little young and doesn't have a handle in a few areas but if they teamed him up with somebody...

I've met so many Millenial moms and dads who follow Dave Ramsay's financial philosophy, I'm wouldn't be surpised if he does well in the target demo.

I've been thinking the same thing. It's about time for Babinski to have a go at it. He's still a little young and doesn't have a handle in a few areas but if they teamed him up with somebody...

Babinski is more than ready for a gig of his own. TNBO used him as crutch when his fake studio audience didn't stroke his ego. Now he's the third guy on a two man morning show. He's young, hip and doesn't suck up to the wing nuts who make up a large portion of KFYI's audience.

... but isn't this thread about KFYI?

You mean "The Station Formerly Known as KOY"? They have not had a hit since 1999.

I've met so many Millenial moms and dads who follow Dave Ramsay's financial philosophy, I'm wouldn't be surpised if he does well in the target demo.

OTOH, most everyone I know who knows about Ramsey -- and there's a lot of Ramsey fans locally -- very few realize that he has a radio show. It's like the people who know who that "Rich Dad" guy is but the brand recognition stops there.

Doc, the young, hip part is great and he's funny! To cover current affairs, he could use a little more knowledge of history and things European. Just a little nudge from a buddy for just a little bit of time.

OTOH, most everyone I know who knows about Ramsey -- and there's a lot of Ramsey fans locally -- very few realize that he has a radio show. It's like the people who know who that "Rich Dad" guy is but the brand recognition stops there.

Just assumed they were listening while driving the kidmobile. So few of them read non fiction any more. Or maybe Ramsay's on TV, don't watch it so I wouldn't know.

Babinski is more than ready for a gig of his own. TNBO used him as crutch when his fake studio audience didn't stroke his ego. Now he's the third guy on a two man morning show. He's young, hip and doesn't suck up to the wing nuts who make up a large portion of KFYI's audience.

I doubt he could carry a show alone.

Apparently the station is planning to find a new local afternoon host. The schedule on the website says "4pm KFYI Afternoon Show." I suppose a new name will be plugged in, in the new year. The other slots, other than 5 - 10am, are all nationally syndicated hosts. Even though the other national shows on KFYI are syndicated by iHeart subsidiary Premiere Networks (Rush, Hannity, Noory, Beck, Lewis), the station could plug that hole with another syndication service.

Some iHeart stations run Westwood One's Mark Levin after Hannity. Some use Joe Pags from WOAI San Antonio or Todd Schnitt from WFLA Tampa. Premiere does supply a 6-9pm show ET (4-7pm MT) called "America Now." At one time it was hosted by Andy Dean, then Meghan McCain (daughter of Sen. John McCain) and currently Buck Sexton. But iHeart has so little interest in the show, few iHeart stations run it.

Chris Merrill, formerly of KFYI and most recently at KOGO AM 600 in San Diego, is back on the air tonight doing KTAR-FM’s nighttime / overnight Election Week coverage. Glad to hear Chris Merrill is back on the air, I liked him on KOGO doing KOGO at night and he was an unfortunate casualty of the IHeart Radio layoffs earlier this year.

Chris Merrill, formerly of KFYI and most recently at KOGO AM 600 in San Diego, is back on the air tonight doing KTAR-FM’s nighttime / overnight Election Week coverage. Glad to hear Chris Merrill is back on the air, I liked him on KOGO doing KOGO at night and he was an unfortunate casualty of the IHeart Radio layoffs earlier this year.

Yes indeedy, it's old home week for former KFYI'ers on 92~Three: Mike Broomhead, Jim Sharpe, Deborah Dale, Barry (never use 5 words when 50 will do) Markson, and Chris Merrill. At least this expanded election coverage has spared us from Beans 'n Rice, which makes all the anxiety worth it!

I've been hearing Chris Merrill doing fill-in on KGO 810 San Francisco.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom