KAHM Sells Out - Page 18
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: KAHM Sells Out

Wow -- they gave up. Looks like nothing is standing in the way now for KAHM to move south..Will they keep the Mingus site as an aux?

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceofWayne View Post
    Wow -- they gave up. Looks like nothing is standing in the way now for KAHM to move south..Will they keep the Mingus site as an aux?
    So what will the last song be?

The Last Farewell Roger Whittaker

The Last Song Edward Bear

The Last Waltz Englebert Humpbackwhale

Save The Best For Last Vanessa Williams

I Won't Last A Day Without You The Carpenters

????
    Dr. Akbar 'n Nurse Jeff
    The Middle Eastern Men of the Media
    Buckeye, AZ

Hey Alexa, call Doc & Nurse Jeff...we're really screwed up!

"The Way We Were" Barbara Streisand

Also, this is an aircheck of a station in Hartford CT that went from "Beautiful Music" to Top-40 - in a matter of minutes. Had to rock the old farts world...

http://northeastairchecks.com/checks/kissoff.ram

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceofWayne View Post
    Also, this is an aircheck of a station in Hartford CT that went from "Beautiful Music" to Top-40 - in a matter of minutes. Had to rock the old farts world...

http://northeastairchecks.com/checks/kissoff.ram
    Sounds like that was recorded in a submarine. Imaginative though.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

So here's another CCF question to ponder: how big of a check did they write to entice KVGG to surrender its license so KAHM can use Towers Mtn? For a non-profit, they sure have a lot of money sitting around.
    Dr. Akbar 'n Nurse Jeff
    Buckeye, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by DrAkbar View Post
    So here's another CCF question to ponder: how big of a check did they write to entice KVGG to surrender its license so KAHM can use Towers Mtn? For a non-profit, they sure have a lot of money sitting around.
    I'm in no position to know things, but Kemp strikes me as someone who comes out ahead on his investments more often than not.

The question I'm still pondering is whether KYCA and its translator end up being spun off at the end of the process or not.
    The opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers. Retweets are not endorsements.

Quote Originally Posted by johndavis View Post
    The question I'm still pondering is whether KYCA and its translator end up being spun off at the end of the process or not.
    Imagine so. The translator covers Press-kit and Press-kit Valley just fine and with it comes 14~Ninety KYCA. Would the Cohens like another station for their group? Would a bunch of wealthy old geezers buy it to continue Elevator Music as the New KAHM? Can't think of why CCF would keep it as 102~One covers the market. But stranger things happen...like the FOX10 anchor who called the Parada del Sol the Parade-ah del Sol. YIKES!
    Dr. Akbar 'n Nurse Jeff
    Buckeye, AZ

So what will the last song be?

The Last Farewell Roger Whittaker

The Last Song Edward Bear

The Last Waltz Englebert Humpbackwhale

Save The Best For Last Vanessa Williams

I Won't Last A Day Without You The Carpenters

????
    Another One Bites the Dust

Imagine so. The translator covers Press-kit and Press-kit Valley just fine and with it comes 14~Ninety KYCA. Would the Cohens like another station for their group? Would a bunch of wealthy old geezers buy it to continue Elevator Music as the New KAHM? Can't think of why CCF would keep it as 102~One covers the market. But stranger things happen...like the FOX10 anchor who called the Parada del Sol the Parade-ah del Sol. YIKES!
    Here's a clue on the KYCA "history" page:

KYCA was part of the Arizona Radio Network and owned by KTAR radio in Phoenix. The station was acquired by Southwest Broadcasting in 1970, and remained under that ownership until 2018, when it was acquired by Phoenix Radio Broadcasting LLC. The station is curently operated by Prescott Broadcasting LLC.
    Prescott Broadcasting LLC counts the station's current GM as members; he started his career at the station. I would bet they'll end up owning KYCA before it's all said and done. If that comes to pass, that would be pretty cool.
    The opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers. Retweets are not endorsements.

Just a matter of time before the elevator leaves. CCF has changed call letters of time shared 88~Three from KNAI-FM to KCCF. Guess where the KNAI-FM calls will land next? hmmm..somewhere where it's SPRING in the VALLEY, Arizona.
    Dr. Akbar 'n Nurse Jeff
    Buckeye, AZ

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast