• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Was today a National EAS Test?

Yes it was.

My radio station did the test, during the 1:20 P.M. CST slot.

The voice I heard was the same one your local station(s) carried.

Dan <><

Last edited:
Dish Network ran the test on every channel. The audio quality has horrible but the test was successful.

I heard it at around 1:21 PM CDT on local NPR station KUAF-FM 91.3 in Fayetteville, AR - I thought it was a local test, but I also heard it on NPR station KWGS-FM 89.5 in Tulsa, OK - I heard it was a national test from the announcement. The program Here & Now from NPR and WBUR was on KUAF and KWGS during the hour.

I only heard the test on the radio.

Kegan

Last edited:
Yes, the national test took over the Charter box and aired on several AM stations, but not at the same time.

i take it this national EAS test was to be done to prepare for the possibility it may get activated in the near future if things between the US and North Korea turns into full all out war.

i take it this national EAS test was to be done to prepare for the possibility it may get activated in the near future if things between the US and North Korea turns into full all out war.

While situations such as what you mention are among the reasons for testing the EAS system, that is by no reason the only reason for testing the system. We have been testing CONELRAD, the EBS and the EAS for national emergencies since the 1950's.

One of the principal reasons for today's test was to see if failures in the last test have been corrected.

None of this is unusual nor is it done due to a temporary situation.

Bad audio from several stations here in central NH.....At first I thought it was just my monitor acting up....!!!
Other than that ......it seems to have gone off without a hitch here.....
Interesting that our local ABC TV affiliate appeared to forward at least the audio portion of the test from WBZ-AM, Boston.....?!
NH has its own EAS Plan in place, with Primary and Secondary stations within state borders....in fact, the Primary EAS for this region is WGIR-FM -- right in Manchester....
AFAIK.....the updated IPAWS/CAP firmware for ENDECs worked to expectations (mine did, anyway.....).....
Station reports on the test will tell the story.....!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom