• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Asian language broadcaster on 102.5

Hearing an Asian-language broadcaster fighting with KMAZ in the Cy-Fair area. Guessing this is the northside (Conroe?) translator that has been broadcasting dead air recently. Since KMAZ dominates the frequency in the areas I was in, I could only hear short bits of the translator in KMAZ dead spots. No idea who or what the translator is rebroadcasting.

Language sounded like Chinese, but unable to listen long enough to get a better idea.

The more I think of it, the Chinese language programming is probably not coming from the north side translator, but rather a reactivated K273CD in Bellville. That station is listed as a translator for KULF 1090, which does indeed carry Chinese language programming. I had not heard anything out of this translator in several years, and its only previous activity was a few weeks of transmitter tests.

Have not had a chance to compare the programming on 1090 and 102.5 to see if there is a match. And I have not heard any sign of La Mejor on 102.5 either. The Bellville (?) translator does not bother KMAZ in its useful service area. Also I have never heard anything more out of K273CW in Missouri City which was on the air for only a couple of days last year. This is the translator that has a CP to move to 103.5 from the Uptown Houston area.

Lunch hour update: I was able to check 102.5 and 1090 this morning, and they are indeed the same programming. So the Chinese is coming from K273CD in Bellville. The translator is around a minute behind the AM.

Monday update: The Bellville translator is back to dead air.

Meanwhile, I notice that La Mejor is still on 94.5 HD-2, but announcing 102.5. On-screen station info display on the HD radio still has 104.5.

Appears the 102.5 Bellville translator has been broadcasting dead air for several weeks now. I hear a silent stereo signal in KMAZ dead spots around my Cy-Fair location.

Surprise, surprise: After a couple of months transmitting nothing but dead air (in stereo) the Bellville translator has resumed the Chinese language programming. Hopefully the client wasn’t billed for all that down time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom