• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

John David Wells

Gopher

Frequent Participant
He posted on facebook last week he had taken the General Managers spot of a station in Dallas. John Walsh took his spot at KSKY starting last night.
Anyone know where he is headed?

His Facebook page says his show will be on 1160 AM KBDT from 2P-5P Central, Monday-Friday, possibly starting Monday, 10/2.

This is the station formerly known as KVCE. Dan Patrick owns it and Salem programs it. It has been simulcasting KWRD 100.7 The Word for a few months.

So far, I don't see a call sign change on the FCC site.

Wells' Facebook page says his show will also be on the USA Radio Network.

Last edited:
It would seem he has been elevated within Salem to GM of KVCE and in addition enjoys the reach of the USA Radio Network for his show. Sounds like a great move up to me.

If I am remembering the name correctly, he would let callers ask one question. Too many of them said, "John David?" and as far as he was concerned that was their question, so he hung up.

Jon-David Wells in Charlotte,North Carolina

If I am remembering the name correctly, he would let callers ask one question. Too many of them said, "John David?" and as far as he was concerned that was their question, so he hung up.

That bit was called "The Wells Answer Man". I would answer any question, about any topic, "Spanning the length and breadth of the Universe....

Correctly of Course....

I only asked that because of the vast volume of ignorance present in today's society, that "....you ask one question, and one question only."

So if they called and asked, "Is this The Wells Answer Man?" Obviously, they had asked their one question. So I moved on.

His Facebook page says his show will be on 1160 AM KBDT from 2P-5P Central, Monday-Friday....
I thought I had read something here about 1160 KBDT. Anyone ever actually listen to it? Last week I turned it on late night and it was doing some really weird-sounding phasing effect, going in and out at a rate about once every 2 or 3 seconds. Then last night I turned it on briefly and Charlie Jones was on twice, simultaneously! Two programs playing together. What a mess.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom