• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

102.3 WFXN Galion Signal Issues

chad43358

Frequent Participant
I live well beyond the "local" signal range of 102.3, but used to be able to pick them up where I live very well. About 2 weeks ago, nothing but static. Visited with family about 8 miles South of Galion, and 102.3 was struggling even there! Did they power down, move, or are they rehabbing their facility?

Well, I guess my timing was a little off on when I thought I noticed the outage. That would definitely explain the problem! Wonder where they are broadcasting from now? Wasn't sure if they had a backup location?

That picture reminds me a lot of what the WWVA towers looked like a few years ago after a big storm ripped through far eastern Ohio. IIRC, WWVA programming actually was fed through another channel in Wheeling before the array was rebuilt.

As of 3/12, 102.3 is back up to full power. Saw it come across their Facebook page, and checked it out this morning. I was able to listen to Bob and Tom (I mean Tom and the rest of the group) during my commute from Marysville to Hilliard. Signal gets pretty choppy as expected when I got South of Tuttle. Good to hear them back up and going.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom