• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Another 99X post

At one point, Power 99 really seriously sucked. They were so AC in the middle of the day that they were playing Michael Bolton! <ugh> I believe that was what killed that station. I could see why Rick Stacey blew the place up.

What has always amused me (and annoyed me as a GenXer) is how so many stations tripped over themselves to go AC to super-serve the boomers in the early 1980s, and more recently tripped all over themselves to go CHR to super-serve the millennials. At one point in the 80s ATL had SIX AC stations (94Q, B98.5, Peach 95, Fox 97 [pre-oldies], Warm 100, and Lite 106), and now we have two CHRs (Q100 and Power 96) and two Hot ACs (Star 94 and B98.5). When we had the six ACs, we only had one CHR (Z-93), and it was well past its sell-by date. Power 99 pretty much stuck a fork into Z-93 as a CHR and forced them to flip to classic rock.

Georgia has a greater percentage of its population as GenXers than any other state (look it up). Too bad nobody in ATL wants to put on a true Classic/Adult Hits station (no not River, that's classic rock).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom