• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WFLA's Tedd Webb retiring ...

tampalistener

Frequent Participant
From the Tampa Bay Times:

"Webb is retiring at the end of January, four months from now, taking away a voice that has been a staple of the Tampa area's radio airwaves since 1963. If up to it, he hopes to continue joining host David Graham on the hour-long financial program The Opening Bell, heard noon weekdays on 1250 WHNZ. But he's punching the off button on early-morning radio."

http://www.tampabay.com/news/humani...adio-show-calling-it-quits-after-five/2338024

I worked with Tedd many, MANY years ago when I (briefly) worked for 570-WPLP, Pinellas Park, Florida.
I left WPLP and went to work for 540-WGTO, Cypress Gardens.
Tedd is one of the nicest people I've ever worked with.

Happy retirement, Teddy!

A number of years ago, through Tedd, I got an inquiry from the daughter of a long-deceased WALT DJ from the early 1960s. She had no real memory of her dad, nor any recordings of him, and wondered if I did. (I did not.) About a year later, I happened to come into possession of a recording, but no longer had her email. Fortunately, Tedd was able to resurrect his copy of the old email, and we were able to send her a copy of her dad’s voice on WALT. Just an example of where Tedd took time out to help someone who needed it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom