• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Henry McClurg

J Alex Bowab

Frequent Participant
I just learned of the passing of Henry McClurg, 70, in Houston TX. Henry, as a youth in Jackson, did DJ stints on WJXN 1450 and other stations. I worked with him starting in 1971, when I put WKXI 94.7 on the air; Henry was starting up MRN, the Mississippi Radio News network. The hourly MRN newscast was carried on WKXI; other stations picked up and rebroadcast it from our main carrier or subcarrier (SCA). He stayed with MRN for only a few years, then went on to Houston where he published a LGBT newspaper. Those of you who frequent this forum will recall his occasional posts here.

So very Sorry

I just learned of the passing of Henry McClurg, 70, in Houston TX. Henry, as a youth in Jackson, did DJ stints on WJXN 1450 and other stations. I worked with him starting in 1971, when I put WKXI 94.7 on the air; Henry was starting up MRN, the Mississippi Radio News network. The hourly MRN newscast was carried on WKXI; other stations picked up and rebroadcast it from our main carrier or subcarrier (SCA). He stayed with MRN for only a few years, then went on to Houston where he published a LGBT newspaper. Those of you who frequent this forum will recall his occasional posts here.

I had been communicating with Henry for some time now (way back to 2004) I had cked on him, as to the Houston Floods, and he said he was fine ( on the 3rd level of his building) I had sent him a Max Lucado Book last month, he said that he was reading it. I found a nice copy of"Good Day...the Paul Harvey Story" which I send 9-5 in hopes that he would get it
by Sat the 9th, and now since NOT hearing from him...wonder if he got it & knew someone cared.
He had told me that he was " enjoying the Nature" that was around his building since Water was "everywhere else" He would have really enjoyed the Paul Harvey book, lots and lots of call letter of old Powerful AM's that have faded away... Thank you Alex for sharing this Sad info.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom