• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KGOW Moving to 94.1

With this being a HD2 we are discussing, there will be no switching back and forth..that only happens with the HD1

To have an HD2, you must have an HD1 simulcast of the main, analog channel. You can't have one without the other.

Since all of western Houston is on the fringe of KFNC's signal, the HD1 channel will switch back and forth continuously for most listeners west of downtown, and it will be incredibly annoying. It will go beyond annoying to unlistenable if they don't have it perfectly synchronized at all times.

It is likely to erode what little audience KFNC has on the west side, and I seriously doubt the toy translator will make up the loss.

So today is the last day of LA NUEVA 94.1. What happens next? What happens to The Astros Bassball in Spanish? Don’t they have a contract to be on air on 94.1?

Missed the Change of station but right now they’re playing some football game. Some Alabama team, not a high Football fan so don’t know what game is on.

And ESPN DEPORTES is not on 1230 right now.

La Nueva is still online Id it’s self as 94.1 LA NUEVA

SportsMap 94.1 apparently launched sometime Saturday evening. At midnight the legal ID was for KFNC HD-2. I have not checked to see if the 97.5 HD is actually now on; at an earlier check around 7:30pm there was no HD.

As for 1560: Just before midnight I was hearing songs in Vietnamese, but no announcements. After midnight there is piano music playing, still no announcements.

SportsMap 94.1 apparently launched sometime Saturday evening. At midnight the legal ID was for KFNC HD-2. I have not checked to see if the 97.5 HD is actually now on; at an earlier check around 7:30pm there was no HD.

As for 1560: Just before midnight I was hearing songs in Vietnamese, but no announcements. After midnight there is piano music playing, still no announcements.

No HD on KFNC just yet, checked a few times on my drive from Livingston to Spring.

La Nueva is still online, and still broadcasting The Astros Baseball game in Spanish. And still saying LA NUEVA 94.1

They probably forgot to update their ID.
You don't simply forget to do something as crucial as this.

Just tuned into 94.1 and it's getting slaughtered by KQXY out of Beaumont. Not a great start for the sports translator.

You don't simply forget to do something as crucial as this.

Apparently, the ID is not even crucial to the FCC. It certainly is not to the station operator.

The ID is one of the oft-forgotten aspects of programming. It is of no value ratings-wise in the PPM markets, and is thought by some to actually confuse listeners. So, since it contains no actionable or promotional information, it is quite low on the priorities list... a fact enhanced by the lack of FCC enforcement of the ID rules over the last several decades.

94.1's RDS is still showing references to La Nueva... signal is coming in very strong at my location in Spring.

94.1's RDS is still showing references to La Nueva... signal is coming in very strong at my location in Spring.

On Sunday 99.1 HD-3 was still La Nueva, but didn't think to check this evening.

Still no HD on 97.5.

The new Vietnamese format on 1560 has local content, given all the Houston area references I can pick out. Seemed to have a three-person morning show today.

Thought October 1st would light up HD on 97.5 --- Nope, Still no HD on 97.5 --- meaning the new 94.1 SportsMap has no backup via the expected 100,000 watt KFNC-HD2. Brand-New-SportsMap trying to penetrate Houston, Texas -- with a 99 watt FM signal --- not that an HD subcarrier would save a micro-watt FM. >GOW MEDIA=99watts, way-to-go on that decision!

LOL it's funny now Gow is the illegal one after they complained to the FCC about the other illegal station.

The KODA 99.1 HD-3 which had been originating La Nueva is broadcasting dead air at a 6pm check today.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom