KGOW Moving to 94.1 - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 88

Thread: KGOW Moving to 94.1

  1. #61
    Still no HD on 97.5 Saturday afternoon.

    Speaking of translators lacking originating stations, I also find KBXX 97.9 HD-2 broadcasting dead air. This is the originating station of the Vietnamese programming on 98.7 which is operating normally.

  2. #62
    From the September 13th Gow Media press release: "... on October 1st ... SportsMap 94.1 FM ... will operate with a base station of KFNC-HD2" It's now Tuesday October 10th, but the "base station" is still non-existent. No one thinks of an HD2 signal as being a base for anything, except for Gow Media, and now they're 10 days late on delivering what was just announced a month ago. Gow has 'fumbled' its credibility- either they're just late, or they've finally figured out that going HD on KFNC will deteriorate already weak reception everywhere but the east side. Houston SportsMap Base Station, we have a problem.

  3. #63
    Maybe they cancelled the idea? Like I said La Nueva claims they’ll be back on air before the end of this month.

  4. #64
    So apparently a regular station is not needed to supply 94.1 with its audio. Amazing.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    So apparently a regular station is not needed to supply 94.1 with its audio. Amazing.
    Has anyone caught their TOH ID? In Spring, the station seems a lot weaker and can no longer be received indoors. It's seems like they reduced their power output right before that handover. (The same thing happened to 104.5 a few days before it was leased to CC.)

    If the FCC comes around and finds no parent station, who gets fined? Centro or GOW?
    Last edited by BamaTX; 10-11-2017 at 10:43 PM.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaTX View Post
    Has anyone caught their TOH ID? In Spring, the station seems a lot weaker and can no longer be received indoors. It's seems like they reduced their power output right before that handover. (The same thing happened to 104.5 a few days before it was leased to CC.)

    If the FCC comes around and finds no parent station, who gets fined? Centro or GOW?
    Signal is still pretty good here at my house near 45 and 99, on both 94.1 and 104.5. I bet Centro dropped the power to be within licensed parameters, though. Haven't heard a legal ID yet, nor have I been able to find the non-existent parent station. Centro would be fined as it is their station, I don't believe there's any LMA in place. Regardless, I doubt anything will happen... K287BQ is still on the air interfering with KTWL, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

  7. #67

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Humble, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,244
    Speaking of 104.5, i noticed a week ago the parent station on 93.7 was out for a few hours but the translator was still pumping out the music. How does this work exactly that the parent station isnt running and still feed the translator?
    Welcome to my head

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by rageradio View Post
    Speaking of 104.5, i noticed a week ago the parent station on 93.7 was out for a few hours but the translator was still pumping out the music. How does this work exactly that the parent station isnt running and still feed the translator?
    If I remember correctly, translators can be fed using a method that is not off-air pickup. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the HD channel audio was being picked up from the translator...

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by tb_ View Post
    Signal is still pretty good here at my house near 45 and 99, on both 94.1 and 104.5. I bet Centro dropped the power to be within licensed parameters, though. Haven't heard a legal ID yet, nor have I been able to find the non-existent parent station. Centro would be fined as it is their station, I don't believe there's any LMA in place. Regardless, I doubt anything will happen... K287BQ is still on the air interfering with KTWL, and I don't see that changing any time soon.
    94.1 and 104.5 are a lot weaker at SH-99 and FM 2920. They definitely did something before the handovers. 105.3 isn't booming like it used to as well, but it's still causing bloody interference (and I'm literally next to the Tomball city limits).

    92.5 is an act of God. It has to be.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by tb_ View Post
    If I remember correctly, translators can be fed using a method that is not off-air pickup. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the HD channel audio was being picked up from the translator...
    Fill in translators like 94.1 can use other methods besides off air to carry programming but there must be a parent station involved with that same programming...if the parent goes off air, so must the translator

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




     
Our Conferences
Useful Contacts
Community


Contact Us