KGOW Moving to 94.1 - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: KGOW Moving to 94.1

Quote Originally Posted by ContinuousWave View Post
    Fill in translators like 94.1 can use other methods besides off air to carry programming but there must be a parent station involved with that same programming...if the parent goes off air, so must the translator
    I don’t see how this one could be considered a fill in. The translator transmitter itself is located outside KFNC’s 60 dBu contour, and extends KFNC coverage quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Speakers View Post
    I don’t see how this one could be considered a fill in. The translator transmitter itself is located outside KFNC’s 60 dBu contour, and extends KFNC coverage quite a bit.
    Fill-in or not, extending KFNC coverage or not, the problem for Gow Media is that 94.1 FM simply cannot exist legally when the parent station KFNC HD2 does not exist. We're now 17 days past October 1st, the day when Gow announced the concurrent operation of 94.1 FM translator and its parent KFNC HD2, where radio silence lives.

I don't think the FCC cares much. They know that in 10 years radio will be all but dead since Internet radio's taking everything over. I don't know of anyone who listens to FM on a regular basis unless they don't know how to use computers. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by AnyHuman View Post
    I don't think the FCC cares much. They know that in 10 years radio will be all but dead since Internet radio's taking everything over. I don't know of anyone who listens to FM on a regular basis unless they don't know how to use computers. LOL
    The music industry is doing its best to make sure internet radio stays a niche.

Has AnyHuman ever looked at who is listening to what online? The vast majority of online listening is to over the air radio stations. Perhaps the right phrasing should be the use of the device we call a radio is becoming obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by AnyHuman View Post

With this outrageous Data caps? Unlimited Data only for a few Gigs then they throttle you down? I rarely stream music on any device. Once in a while I’ll listen to music on YouTube. But at work, on my way to and from work? It’s all over the air radio. The music I have is purchased from ITunes but most of my music comes from radios. And so does the music many that I know off.

Radio isn’t going anywhere in 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrtejano View Post

Radio isn’t going anywhere in 10 years.
    Unless you attempt listening in a car. Radios are already going away.

Can you point us to data that supports that claim, Stan? Would be interesting to see.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678