• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Terry Gilberg out at KFYI

From your source on the 4th floor of IHeart Radio Phoenix, theogradioman says that conservative talk show host Terry Gilberg is out at KFYI in a cost cutting move. Apparently she was told that KFYI couldnt pay her to do the show any longer thus causing the parting of ways.

I found out when I came in last night to do the Coast to Coast AM show at 10pm.

From your source on the 4th floor of IHeart Radio Phoenix, theogradioman says that conservative talk show host Terry Gilberg is out at KFYI in a cost cutting move. Apparently she was told that KFYI couldnt pay her to do the show any longer thus causing the parting of ways.

Not coincidentally, she had long since abandoned on-air listener calls for "investigative" special editions -- interviews with Koch Brothers-funded talking heads -- and often ignoring the very relevant news that was often breaking on her watch. And one of the worst usage of bumpers I have ever heard - often hearing her start talking over the vocals of a track.

Meanwhile, one of the few talkers permitted to take on-air listeners anymore -- 92.3's Damme -- is doing gangbusters.

The former's bad radio. The latter's good radio.

From your source on the 4th floor of IHeart Radio Phoenix, theogradioman says that conservative talk show host Terry Gilberg is out at KFYI in a cost cutting move.

That'll save at least a half million a year. (sfx -fake studio audience: clap, clap, clap)

If I ♥ Debt really wanted to generate some easy money, the land KFYI's xmttr is sitting on is worth a pretty penny. Just ask the owner of 14~Eighty what he got for a smaller, and less desirable parcel.

Last edited:
Too late...iHeart sold all their towers (and the property) to Vertical Bridge two years ago:

In fact, they're building a shopping mall beneath the WLW tower in Cincinnati.

Well, what could be built beneath the KOY tower? A Superfund Site? ....the crack house would have to be given 30 day notice.

She WAS pretty out of it though. I remember the year Fallon took Leno's place and she asked one of her "Talkers", "Who is Jimmy Fallon and do we like him?".

She had been out of the country on vacation. I heard she made a post about focusing now on her "other" program and announced where to find it but I don't remember either the name of it or where to find it so maybe it is Think America. I'll give it a listen if I find it, I miss her. And when (please oh please!) are they going to let Glenn Beck go?!

She had been out of the country on vacation. I heard she made a post about focusing now on her "other" program and announced where to find it but I don't remember either the name of it or where to find it so maybe it is Think America. I'll give it a listen if I find it, I miss her. And when (please oh please!) are they going to let Glenn Beck go?!
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/think-america

I exchanged e-mails with her 2 weeks ago when she got back from Israel. I told her that her Iheartradio web site was gone.:(

And when (please oh please!) are they going to let Glenn Beck go?!

Nope. It's our punishment for listening to Ancient Modulation. However, he is financially self destructing and on a steady diet of rice and beans!

@mohawk-TY! @Doc- I KNOW!!! Yet I keep tuning in that stupid AM dial expecting something to turn up (definition of insanity?!)

Last edited:
Bring back KCKY - the inmates in Florence need to be saved and no one there has discovered FM yet. As we tell our inmates at the Buckeye Media Hut, if a tower needs lights at night, those planes are flying too damn low!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom