• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

99.7 Got Stronger

N5TZQ

Banned
KStar 99.7 is a lot stronger than it used to be, mixed in with the KSBJ 99.5 translator and 99.9 KSHN. Did they increase power?

Noticed the same last week... while driving around last week, KVST was completely audible near 290 and Highway 6, where it usually fights with some Spanish Christian translator. Doubt they’re doing anything unsavory, though.

Last edited:
KStar 99.7 is a lot stronger than it used to be, mixed in with the KSBJ 99.5 translator and 99.9 KSHN. Did they increase power?
Doubt the FCC cares. Just look at all the interference they have allowed from the translators around town.

KVST is listenable all the way to the north loop and still audible down on the Katy Freeway where it starts mixing with another station.

Now KROY is deleted they might be able to go even higher?

Now KROY is deleted they might be able to go even higher?

I believe KSHN Liberty will prevent any further upgrades on 99.7. KVST is already directional to protect KSHN. Perhaps with KROY out of the way, a move to 99.5 would allow a site further south?

I believe KSHN Liberty will prevent any further upgrades on 99.7. KVST is already directional to protect KSHN. Perhaps with KROY out of the way, a move to 99.5 would allow a site further south?

KNFX Bryan and the KSBJ translator would prevent a move to 99.5. I think KVST is pretty much stuck where they are...

translators are not protected and if KVST chose to go in that direction, KSBJ's translator would be forced to move to a new frequency or simply go away.

translators are not protected and if KVST chose to go in that direction, KSBJ's translator would be forced to move to a new frequency or simply go away.

No major loss, anyway. Both KSBJ and KXNG have rather strong signals in K258BZ's coverage area.

Regardless, it sure would be nice to see KVST's coverage improved throughout the city.

KVST seems about the same at my Cy-Fair location. The new transmitter facility would probably not make much diffference in north Harris County, with the increased distance balancing out the power increase.

The Spanish language religious station clashing with KVST is KOYM, an LPFM located in northwest Houston.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom