• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Breeze

1069_KIFR

Star Participant
In the latest Arbitron Report, 98.1 The Breeze has surpassed KOIT.

As Jack Kulp has always said, "Revenge is best served cold!"

In the latest Arbitron Report, 98.1 The Breeze has surpassed KOIT.

As Jack Kulp has always said, "Revenge is best served cold!"

However, in the sales demos KIOT continues ahead. The Breeze has a considerably higher median age, with much of the audience over 55 and not useful for sales.

From what I hear, KOIT AE's do not seem the least bit worried, because the KISQ Breeze listeners are older. And the KISQ 6+ lead over KOIT is slim. If advertisers don't want your aging audience, screw the 6+, you still have a sales problem. The good thing for iHeart is that the AC 6+ figures are all within tenths of each other, so there's room for doubt in the minds of buyers. That indecision might continue the practice of spreading ad dollars fairly evenly among all the ACs. And don't forget Hot AC Alice @ 97.3, which is still a strong contender, especially in the morning with Sarah and Vinnie.

But all of this is distracting us from the real story - the market is reeling after the retirement of KSAN's Steven Seaweed. Or not?

The good thing for iHeart is that the AC 6+ figures are all within tenths of each other, so there's room for doubt in the minds of buyers.

Buyers generally don't look at demographics that they don't buy. They look at each campaign's target demos, and buy off rankers in-demo.

That indecision might continue the practice of spreading ad dollars fairly evenly among all the ACs.

In multi-station buys, reach and frequency seldom benefits from buying two or more deep in the same format. Generally, multi-station buys are also multi-format buys.

Hey - I AM older, and I hate that soft-rock crap. I couldn't stand KOIT until their definition of "Light Rock" expanded a few years ago to include mainstream (not-so-light) current and classic hits. Though I don't tune in often now, it seems to be straight up mainstream pop and rock - CHR - fewer "classic hits," even from the 80s - and they've dropped all the "Lite Rock" branding. I don't think you can put it in the same listening category as The Breeze - which is more like KOIT 15 years ago. As for The Breeze, all I can say is...I miss Kiss-FM.

However, in the sales demos KIOT continues ahead. The Breeze has a considerably higher median age, with much of the audience over 55 and not useful for sales.

That may be, but they have made a dent into KOIT. Big 103.7 never surpassed KOIT, even by one tenth.

How is The Breeze doing, compared to KYLD(WiLD 94-9)?

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom