• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Chinese Model ST-15B 1.5/15 Watt FM Transmitter

Mark Cooper

Inactive
Inactive User
Greetings ! Perhaps I may be on the wrong turf here for my topic and equipment but here goes, please forgive me if I made an error posting this thread here but I am a 'newb'.. I recently purchased 2 Chinese Model ST-15B FM BCB Transmitters for use out of the USA. Upon initial testing using a Bird Model 43 Wattmeter with correct slug into a dummy load. In low power mode I read about 1 watt, tops. In high power mode I am able to get no more than around 3 watts of power. I am using the correct power supply capable of the 5 amps of current required. These particular transmitters are the Model ST-15Bv2, which claims to be capable of 1.5 watts in low power mode and 15 watts in high power mode. I was wondering if anyone else on this forum has worked with any of these cheap FM transmitters and if so, have any of you experienced this same issue ? Any information about this unit and this problem would be most appreciated ! If anyone may posses a schematic diagram of this transmitter, that would be priceless ! I should mention here that I am an Extra Class Amateur Radio Operator and have been an electronics technician for 37 years. If any of you may be able to contribute any helpful information regarding this issue I sure would appreciate it ! I doubt I am the only one having this or similar issues. Also, in closing, I'd like to point out that the craftsmanship of the unit and the quality of the circuit board are quite good !
Thank you all in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide !
Mark...
Edit / Delete Edit Post Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

Most folks here don't have any desire/need to play with a pirate's transmitter. Both the high and low modes you describe are well beyond Part 15 limits, but too low for licensed service.

Even the rated 15W would be quite low for service as a Translator.

Thank you for your reply, and as well I agree that most folks here may have no interest in such items, it was a shot it the dark. I completely understand that these are illegal for use in the USA and would personally never promote such use. I was simply attempting to help a friend with a project intended for use in his native foreign country.
Best regards, Mark..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom