• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KYND Programming moving to KLVL

Does anyone know why KYND is switching their programing to KLVL?

It seems kind of odd that there was no warning to it's listeners. Did Synergy Broadcasting loose their lease?

This is the legendary Don Sam's third dial move since KCOH went to 92.9 HD-2. He went to 880 am for a quick moment, then to KYND and now KLVL.

There is also a rumor that they will have an FM Translator attached to KLVL

Just wondering if anyone has any scoop?

Yes, Synergy quit their lease of KYND.

KYND is now looking for a client to lease the station. If you know of someone, I'd sure love to know.

The KLVL coverage area approximates that of the old KCOH 1430 and is somewhat better than the 1230 signal. If they can't make the format work with the 1480 signal, then its time to throw in the towel.

The "translator" would probably be the proposed 94.9 signal in NW Harris County. I think their 95.3 translator is off, if not running greatly reduced power.

Best use of the KYND signal would be an Asian language format targeting the southwest part of the market where the 1520 signal is best and where the relevant demographics are concentrated.

I figure the KYND signal is pretty good throughout all of Houston. It is supposed to be. If that's not the case, we might not be getting all we can from the signal. If we are talking 'in building coverage', I suspect that the southwest would have good building penetration. Funny thing, before the 25,000 watt era, the southwest was not our strong suit.

Yes, Synergy quit their lease of KYND.

KYND is now looking for a client to lease the station. If you know of someone, I'd sure love to know.

Ok. I figured as such. It just seemed too spur of the moment.. I will surely keep my ears open for anyone who may be interested in the lease of KYND.

Wow sorry about KYND. Hopefully someone can lease it soon.

The thing is, KYND used to rebroadcast on 1520 KQQB here in San Antonio, owned by Joe Werlinger and RAFTT. But it's now broadcasting dead air since KYND left the airwaves. What is KYND broadcasting, dead air like KQQB or completely off, or back to it's classic hit filler music?

Memo to Bill Turner: Check your audio level. It is rather low on the looped station availability announcement. You need KYND sounding as powerful as it can be.

I cannot seem to respond to the personal messages I am getting about KYND and KQQB. So, I'll post here.

I'm the GM at KYND. The guy that handles everything for KQQB is a friend. I just helped him out. What you hear on both stations is me. Both stations are seeking a client or two to buy our airtime.

While I have received messages with offers to put something on the air or suggestions to do something different, if you will think this through, both stations want to only get across that we need programmers. Keep in mind, nobody buying means no income. Playing oldies does not say both stations need programmers but rather make the potential client think we station has found a programmer. A potential client might tune away and never learn we are seeking a client or a few. As for KYND, all I want a listener to know is we are looking for groups to lease our broadcast day. As for KQQB, whatever they decide since I am not employed by KQQB. The faster that happens, the less cash each station burns through. And it's not chump change.

Have we received calls? KYND is the phone I answer. The answer is yes, many calls. Some interesting possibilities. I've made some pitches too. Usually a potential client needs to get everything lined up. Then we need to have a meeting of the minds on what goes on the air and the arrangements. It's not a call today, be on tomorrow thing.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom