• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The New KISS-FM will sign on in a few minutes

Drive around the Northwest part of the grand parkway. KTWL used to come in clear before the translator signed on.

After the translator signed on, KTWL was nonexistent in Spring. Now that the translator has reduced power and height, both stations fight in and out.

Interference is still there. The translator should go off the air and it's license rescinded.

It's not the only one. There seems to be a major offender here that is just begging for the FCC to slam them down hard.

Maybe not as big news as 104.5 but La Calle is now on 880 KJOZ. And it's no longer on 1230 am, 1230 is now a talk show ESPN SPORTS.

Haven't checked this morning, but last night the 1230 audio was a stuttering mess of an internet feed. Lots of dead air. Same programming as 94.5 HD-2.

I thought KGOL 1180 was ESPN Deportes. Will have to check that out as well.

Haven't checked this morning, but last night the 1230 audio was a stuttering mess of an internet feed. Lots of dead air. Same programming as 94.5 HD-2.

I wonder what will happen to the Texas Tech broadcasts?

It's not the only one. There seems to be a major offender here that is just begging for the FCC to slam them down hard.

They may sense that some enforcement action is coming and they're trying to cash out before it does.

They tried transferring 97.3 to another group.

It will be interesting to see if iHeart purchases 104.5 outright.

They may sense that some enforcement action is coming and they're trying to cash out before it does.

They tried transferring 97.3 to another group.

It will be interesting to see if iHeart purchases 104.5 outright.
Would make sense if they purchased both 104.5 and 105.3 and pay Mr Henderson to move KTWL a little north so K287BQ doesn't interfere with it.

880 am is LA CALLE
1180 is LA TRICOLOR
1230 is ESPN DEPORTES

Listened to the new KISS 104.5 on my evening commute. Yeah, it appears to be targeting KMJQ; format also not unlike KMAZ. Announcing 10,000 songs in a row. Audio slightly muddy, lacking brilliant highs.

The mix of currents with old stuff sounds rather awkward. Perhaps a straight up Classic R&B would have been more coherent, but then you have the aging demographic issues.

I don't think KMJQ has anything to worry about with its 40 years of heritage in the market.

Can confirm that it originates on KQBT HD-2. Meanwhile a check of KTBZ HD-2 has a long string of ESPN Deportes promos. Not sure what is going on there.

The thing with 104.5 Kiss FM's rotation is that it's using the same generic iHeart playlist as most of the other urban ac's IHM owns through the All My Jams channel on its radio app. This means the songs played on Kiss get heard at the EXACT same time on other mid-to-small markets like KMJM-HD2 St. Louis and WRBV Macon. Thankfully the big market IHM urban ac's WVAZ Chicago, WDAS Philadelphia and WMXD Detroit have maintained local control over their playlists, at least outside the syndicated fare.

No you mean the third spin for the "kiss" handle. October 1988 Port Arthur's KHYS y98.5 R&B flipped to Kiss 98.5 and in December moved into Houston, then in 1991 flipped back to R&B y98.5. The Kiss moniker was used for their Contemporary Dance Hits format in 1988 and in 1997-1998, then briefly changed to Adult Top 40 (mirroring KXXM's format in San Antonio)

There signal is pretty good for only broadcasting at 99 watts. Their playlist is pretty close to 102.1 they just play more newer stuff and no 70s and 80s stuff.

Phat Beats Radio

DJBoutIt3 I know this is unrelated but good job on getting Phat Beats Radio back on the air. I like the trip-hop/electro music it's playing.

That explains why the simulcast was dropped earlier this week from KTBZ HD2. For a couple of days, as far as I can tell, 104.5 had illegally broadcasted original programming. I couldn't find any Houston station that was feeding 104.5.

Over the weekend, 880 was simulcasting with 104.5, but that was no longer the case this week and as far as I can tell 880 AM had original programming. I hope the FCC comes to town, and in the name of God, finally shuts down the interference caused by the translator on 105.3.

105.3 translator moved to downtown in the last month...the audio is muddy and sounds like pre emphasis is not on in the processor..not sure about power out but ERP got a jump to 249w..
If it's running legal power (with Roberto, anything is possible), then KTWL and KXXF have little to fight it on...they can get listeners to complain but if they are outside the 60dbu contour, its tough to get a translator removed..not impossible

105.3 translator moved to downtown in the last month...the audio is muddy and sounds like pre emphasis is not on in the processor..not sure about power out but ERP got a jump to 249w..
If it's running legal power (with Roberto, anything is possible), then KTWL and KXXF have little to fight it on...they can get listeners to complain but if they are outside the 60dbu contour, its tough to get a translator removed..not impossible

K287BQ's power is stronger than ever. Still drowns out KTWL at my house in Spring, just outside KTWL's 60dbu contour.

DJBoutIt3 I know this is unrelated but good job on getting Phat Beats Radio back on the air. I like the trip-hop/electro music it's playing.

Thx for the kind word

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom