• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The New KISS-FM will sign on in a few minutes

So we won't hear it in Houston cause 102.5 doesn't reach Houston. Only past Rankin Rd on 45 North. Amazing covers most of houston, so goodbye La Mejor.

Where are you getting all this information?? How legit is it?

Did the Guevarras sale their translator? Or are they leasing it to someone else? Are they now on HD3?

Here you go. 104.5 KISS FM

View attachment 1057
That explains why the simulcast was dropped earlier this week from KTBZ HD2. For a couple of days, as far as I can tell, 104.5 had illegally broadcasted original programming. I couldn't find any Houston station that was feeding 104.5.

Over the weekend, 880 was simulcasting with 104.5, but that was no longer the case this week and as far as I can tell 880 AM had original programming. I hope the FCC comes to town, and in the name of God, finally shuts down the interference caused by the translator on 105.3.

That explains why the simulcast was dropped earlier this week from KTBZ HD2. For a couple of days, as far as I can tell, 104.5 had illegally broadcasted original programming. I couldn't find any Houston station that was feeding 104.5.

Over the weekend, 880 was simulcasting with 104.5, but that was no longer the case this week and as far as I can tell 880 AM had original programming. I hope the FCC comes to town, and in the name of God, finally shuts down the interference caused by the translator on 105.3.
What interference? They already reduced their power you can't listen to it past Beltway 8. I pick up Roys 105.3 in Remington Ranch

What interference? They already reduced their power you can't listen to it past Beltway 8. I pick up Roys 105.3 in Remington Ranch

I still can't pick up KTWL in Spring... Just checked near 99 and Kuykendahl, getting K287BQ loud and clear.

About time Majic got some competition!!!

By the way, it's confirmed: The Steve Harvey Morning Show makes its Houston debut Monday morning, October 9th!!!

About time Majic got some competition!!!

By the way, it's confirmed: The Steve Harvey Morning Show makes its Houston debut Monday morning, October 9th!!!

And just like La Mejor was a little bug on KLTNs windshield KISS FM is to MAGIC.

Listened to the new KISS 104.5 on my evening commute. Yeah, it appears to be targeting KMJQ; format also not unlike KMAZ. Announcing 10,000 songs in a row. Audio slightly muddy, lacking brilliant highs.

The mix of currents with old stuff sounds rather awkward. Perhaps a straight up Classic R&B would have been more coherent, but then you have the aging demographic issues.

I don't think KMJQ has anything to worry about with its 40 years of heritage in the market.

Can confirm that it originates on KQBT HD-2. Meanwhile a check of KTBZ HD-2 has a long string of ESPN Deportes promos. Not sure what is going on there.

Listened to the new KISS 104.5 on my evening commute. Yeah, it appears to be targeting KMJQ; format also not unlike KMAZ. Announcing 10,000 songs in a row. Audio slightly muddy, lacking brilliant highs.

The mix of currents with old stuff sounds rather awkward. Perhaps a straight up Classic R&B would have been more coherent, but then you have the aging demographic issues.

I don't think KMJQ has anything to worry about with its 40 years of heritage in the market.

Can confirm that it originates on KQBT HD-2. Meanwhile a check of KTBZ HD-2 has a long string of ESPN Deportes promos. Not sure what is going on there.

Like I said this morning KJOZ 880 am was ESPN DEPORTES and was simulcasting with LA JEFA 91.1 FM.

Maybe not as big news as 104.5 but La Calle is now on 880 KJOZ. And it's no longer on 1230 am, 1230 is now a talk show ESPN SPORTS.

The report is all wrong, first of all Latino Broadcasting is the same thing as Centro Cristiano. It says it's on KTBZ HD-2 and it's not, it's on 93.7-2. And Piolin is gone from Houston Again, Maybe now Liberman will pick him up?

Liberman has never carried Piolín since he was let go from KWIZ in 1994.

afaik this is the second spin for the "kiss" handle r&b for Houston, the original attempt from CC was the KHYS move-in October '88.....this time again from iHM.......wow, time flies!

Drive around the Northwest part of the grand parkway. KTWL used to come in clear before the translator signed on.

After the translator signed on, KTWL was nonexistent in Spring. Now that the translator has reduced power and height, both stations fight in and out.

Interference is still there. The translator should go off the air and it's license rescinded.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom