• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Question about MusicRadio77 - WABC.

Wimmmex

Star Participant
The other day I heard someone referring to the Assistant PD at WABC during it's musicradio years.

Anyone know who was assistant under Sklar and Glenn Morgan?

(Was there someone named Derrick there?)

Thanks!

Maybe you should try the dentist's forum...he may have the answer if you catch him in the right mood.

Rob is refering to the New York Radio Message Board, which focuses on only New York radio matters. There is a separate New York Broadcasting History Board where it would be appropriate to post this inquiry, and where many veterans of that era are "in residence".

Come back here when you are done, though!

I know Glenn Morgan is a regular visitor to that other board.

Rick had several assistant PDs during his time. One was the late Julian Breen.

Glenn Morgan was Rick Sklar's assistant when Sklar was named a corporate vice president. Morgan then assumed the PD position.

The dentist won't even let me post, I had a friend post the one I posted here about the Maxman. He deleted it within 15 minutes off his site. He don't want anyone to listen to any other stream but his Rewound. Getting back to WABC. They have a very bad 2nd harmonic on 1540 which can be heard for miles. I called there engineer and he wasn't even aware of it. Unreal that the #1 station years ago sounds so bad today audio and signal wise. The harmonics been there for over 7 years. I offered to investigate the problem and tune it out for him but never heard back and the harmonic is still there. If your in the Rutherford area enjoy WABC on 1540 as well as 770.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom